Chapter Twenty-Two

Marc

The rest of the morning went by without further incident. I would periodically look up and see Lexi's cute face in deep concentration as she listened to my mother go over something. Eventually, Mother took her somewhere else to continue talking through her huge binders full of information. I linked Jack to bring a light lunch up to my office so I could continue my tasks before our little training session.

I reached out to our neighboring packs to tell them to keep an eye for rogues. I also suggested extra patrols throughout the day. I then went on to get in touch with the alphas of the packs surrounding my uncle's pack. I needed to try and track Zachary. Hopefully, he was seen in their neighboring packs. Since I had no way to know how long he has had a witch on his side, I also had to consider the fact that he has or still is using a cloaking spell. This was not going to be easy.

I sent a few more emails then realized it was time to meet the others. I went to my room and changed into some training clothes. I wanted to really test Lexi's strength now that we were fully bonded. I wanted to see if Lily was any different, but I also didn't want to take the chance of anyone unwanted finding out. I'll have to think of something.

I made my way to the gym where the others were already waiting. I couldn't help but notice Lexi. She was in shorts and a sports bra. I could already tell that her body looked a bit more toned. I don't think anyone else besides maybe Liam and Jess would notice. Now to decide who she should go up against first.

"Alright. I really want to test Lexi's strength now that we are completely bonded. I think Jared and Liam will give her the most competition as they are both top warriors. Jared, how about you spar with her first?"

"Sure. Just know, if she kills me, this is your fault."

I rolled my eyes as everyone else laughed. Lexi and Jared went to the middle of gym. They took their stances and then waited. After a few minutes, Jared lunged towards Lexi to strike first, but she was out of arms reach within seconds. Even I couldn't move that fast. Jared looked stunned for a second but shook it off. No sooner had he refocused, Lexi's fist caught his jaw. There was a loud crack from the impact and Jared stumbled back.

He regained his composure quickly and landed a punch to Lexi's gut. After that hit, they continued to successfully spar. For as quick as Lexi now was, Jared met her punch for punch. They were really testing each other. I should really have her go against our other warriors to make sure they are in top shape. We needed to be ready for anything now that it seemed we had this threat from Zachary.

While watching them, I realized it really wouldn't be fair to let Jess go up against Lexi. I know Lex would never purposely hurt Jess, but it wasn't like I needed Jess to be a fantastic warrior. She just needs to be able to hold her own against a threat. Being a Beta's daughter definitely gave her more advantage over the average she-wolf.

'Jen, can you come to the gym? I need you to spar with Jess. Don't tell anyone else you are coming.'

'Sure thing boss. Just let me change into some workout clothes.'

"Alright. Obviously, Lexi's Lycan side is starting to come through since the mate bond has been completed. Once Jared has had time to catch his breath, him and Daniel will train together a little. Liam and I will train together while Lexi takes a breather, and then she will go against us. Jess, I have Jen coming up to spar with you. She is our best female warrior, so she won't take it easy on you. We will do this for a while then grab a snack. We will come back here and have Lex shift to see if there is any change there. I definitely want to keep that between us for now."

Jared and Lexi took a water break while the rest of us started to stretch. A few minutes later, and Jen joined us. We all chatted while we stretched. I filled Jen in so she wouldn't be caught off guard while watching Lexi spar. She agreed to keep Lexi's new strength and anything we might see with her wolf to herself. I wasn't really worried about her. She had been one of my best warriors since I became Alpha King. She lost her mate two years ago when some of our warriors went to help a neighboring pack with a rogue attack. Thankfully, instead of letting the broken bond consume her, she used it to make herself a better warrior.

After a few more minutes, Daniel and Jared broke off to start sparring. Then, Jen and Jess went to another corner to spar. It was just Liam, Lexi and me. Since Liam and Lexi were used to sparring each other already, I let them go first. I stood back so I could watch Lexi more closely. This is what I usually did during training. I wanted to see if there was anything a wolf did that would tip the enemy off. I wanted our warriors to be in total control of a fight.

They did a couple warm up punches, so that Liam could get a feel for Lexi's new strength. There seemed to be a calmness to Lexi that I didn't notice with Jared, nor the first time I saw her spar. The light also must be hitting her differently, because I could have sworn her eyes flashed a different color. Before I could get a better look, they really started to spar.

Since Liam watched her against Jared, he was able to land a few good punches on her. They sparred for a good twenty minutes. They were both covered in bruises and Liam had a split lip. Thanks to our wolf healing, that would be gone by dinner time, just like their bruises. After another five minutes, they finally called it quits.

Daniel and Jared were just screwing around. Jen and Jess were taking a water break and chatting. I followed Liam and Lexi to a bench while they took a water break. I noticed that Liam looked a bit out of breath, while Lexi looked perfectly fine. She was definitely something.

After about fifteen more minutes, Jared and Daniel finally had enough. Everyone else joined us to take a break. It was a tad later than I expected, so we might have to skip the run. Hopefully they will be fine with Lexi shifting and then getting ready for dinner. I wanted us to eat in the hall with everyone else.

"Well, it is later than I thought, and Jack will have dinner ready soon. I want Lexi, Liam and Jess to have dinner with the rest of the pack in the big hall tonight, since this was Lexi's first day as Luna. Before we all break to get ready, I want to see if Lexi's wolf form is any different. Whatever you see here, stays here. Nobody else is to know right now. Understood?"

Everyone nodded their agreement. I motioned for Lexi to find a good spot to shift. She walked a few feet away from us to the middle of the gym. We all watched as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Within a few seconds, she shifted into her black wolf. Although this time she was different. She had to be at least twice the size she was before, making her almost the size of Max. She still had the same blue tint to her coat when the light hit her. Then she opened her eyes. I definitely had not imagined things earlier. Her eyes were different.

"Lex, you have two different colored eyes now."