Into the Tiger's Cage

Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files Love Story – Beauty of a Rose (by Tayla Drago)

Chapter 4

'Now it's man vs. beast...Or demon-like beast..."

Yusuke and the rest of the gang continued deeper into Maze Castle. There wasn't much to look at, there were no windows. The ceiling, floors, and walls were made of rocky type of bricks.

"Are you alright, Kurama?" Ami asked looking over at the fox demon next to her.

Kurama smiled at Ami. "I'm fine; you did a great job on my wound. Thank you for healing it and worrying about me, Ami."

Ami blinks and looked away from Kurama. This girl wasn't used to someone who was this nice and polite. "You don't have to thank me."

"You won't be much good in a fight, though. Besides getting lucky from the Shadow Reaper. The rest could be difficult for you to handle." Hiei commented. "Without you, the four of us will have to deal with what's ahead. With Kurama recovering, Yusuke, and I, the other on our team is still useless."

"Hey, don't be so hard on yourself, shorty!" Kuwabara boosted.

Yusuke laughed. "Not to sound mean, but I think Hiei was talking about you."

Kuwabara glared at Yusuke. "Is that so? Well, what did I do for the past six months? Lay around doing nothing? No! I was training a lot to getting stronger from my own Spirit Energy attack to master. I figured out how to conjure my spirit sword using only my bare hand." a sword made purely of spirit energy appeared in Kuwabara's hand. "Spirit Sword! See...?"

"Not bad..." Hiei said. "Not quite the dead weight I took you for."

Kuwabara grabbed Hiei's collar. "Oh, yeah!? You want to die!?!"

"Try me..."

Ami doesn't get how Hiei can make more friends like Kuwabara with an attitude like that. It was hard to tell since he was kindhearted deep down.

"Give me a break."

Yusuke tries calming things down.

"Get a grip." Yusuke said glaring at Kuwabara.

A small vain appears on Kuwabara's forehead. "Sure, man. No sweat. My research didn't stop there. Check it out! Sword, get long!" Kuwabara's sword extend until it hit the ceiling, known as Sword Get Long or Longer Sword. "I can extend or retract it at will." Kuwabara's sword disappeared. "That Genbu guy caught me off guard, but I'm ready for anything." suddenly a sound of a loud roar filling the hallway. "What was that?! It sounds other-worldly."

Ami looked at Kuwabara with a sweat drop. "We're in the Demon World, you know." she then looks at Kurama. "Kurama, do you know who it is?"

"It's Byakko. That's his roar. It sounds like he's not very pleased."

"Let's go!" Yusuke started running down the hall with the rest running behind him. He suddenly stops short as the hallway came outside. "Whoa."

In front of your group was a wide walkway that led to an arena size circle that hung way above the ground. On the other side of the arena was Byakko, the White Tiger of wind 'of some kind'. Byakko looked like a large tiger with a toga styled outfit. This guy is deadly, mean, strong, eats any living being alive, and can claw to bite down his prey. I love cats, but not this freak!

"I can't believe I had to get off my butt to deal with pesky little fleas like you!" Byakko glared at Yusuke's group. "You defeated Genbu, but don't let that go to your heads. He was only underling."

"He's enormous! A 10-footer at least!" Kuwabara yelled. "This wasn't the deal."

Ami looked over at Kuwabara raising an eyebrow. "Deal? There was no deal, you idiot."