The Power of Taboo

Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files Love Story – Beauty of a Rose (by Tayla Drago)

Chapter 18

'Finding Hiei'

Let see here...From Yusuke getting kidnapped by three human boys with strange powers like Kido, Kaito, and Yana to have him in some mansion for Puu to stay behind; as Kuwabara and Botan needed to get Ami, Kurama, and Hiei to come with them too and many guests they could bring, though getting Ami and Kurama was easy but not finding Hiei was the hardest one to do. Well, what about the strange demon to be wondering around name Iki the Jumper Demon? Does he have something to do with all of this? Anyways, an hour has passed for Botan to return with the Spirit Detective items for the other three to see back at the park, hopefully one of them would work to finding Hiei right away within the three hours they had left before midnight.

"Ta-da! What do you think?"

Ami, Kurama, and Kuwabara were amazed on what Botan had to show them, lots of items there!

"Wow! It's like a private detective stuff!" Kuwabara was amazed. "Like from any of a secret agent movie!"

Now all they needed was to find something that'll work...

"Okay, Botan, what do we have to use to find Hiei?" Ami asks her

Botan held up a finger. "For instance, no demon can hide from the new and improved demonic aura-meter!"

The Demon Compass, right? Yeah, how will that work in tracking Hiei down? He moves fast.

"But, how will we be able to tell which is Hiei?" Kurama asked being the voice of reason.

"Oh," Botan paused, "that's no problem! We just put something of his inside, say a hair or a fingernail, and it'll direct us right to him, no matter how far he might be!"

"And how do you propose we get this, item?" ask Kurama.

Oh, boy...Botan!

"Kurama's right. None of us just go around carrying a piece of Hiei's hair." Ami added.

Botan went through a few more oppositions, but none of them had any chances of working. The Psychic Spy Glass won't work to see through things nor will the Concentration Ring won't work either to blow up things, even with Ami's attacks won't be worth doing in public. Pointless...Now what?

"Is there a tool that could bring him to us?" Kurama asked.

A light bulb seemed to go off in Botan's head as she perked up once again for one item can do that. "The Mystic Whistle!" Botan explained that the whistle emits a sound that humans can't hear. The stronger the demons spirit energy, the further the sound would travel. Botan pulled out the whistle and warned the guys to cover their ears. She then blew the whistle with all her might.

"Wow! She wasn't kidding about it being loud!" Kurama said holding his ears. "It's pounding my ears!"

Kuwabara removed his hands from his ears. "I don't hear anything but the birds."

Because his powers are...out to lunch right now, but Kurama and Ami's hear the awful noise.

"You're lucky." Ami said cringing. "Stupid Toguro's demon blood."

Kurama looked over at Ami. "I guess it would be true that you do have faint amount of demon blood thanks to him."

Suddenly Hiei fell out of a tree behind Botan and landed with a thud on the ground, at least it worked.

"That was fast." Said Kuwabara.

Hiei sat up rubbing his head. "That wail! Who's dying?" Hiei looked over at the four. "You guys again." Hiei grunted. "Bad enough I can't return to the demon plane." Kurama walked over and handed Hiei the letter. Hiei quickly read the letter over. "Well, serves him right. Getting full of himself after beating Toguro. He can stew in his own ego in the afterlife."