Genkai's last Stands

Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files Love Story – Beauty of a Rose (by Tayla Drago)

Chapter 12

'Something's about to happen here. Genkai vs. Younger Toguro...'

And so Genkai and Ami were in the woods for Younger Toguro to be waiting for them as promise. For what?

"So, we come to the big event." Younger Toguro said then he notices Ami was there with her grandmother. "You brought help, Genkai, I'm disappointed."

"I don't plan on interfering, but this is a battle I must see." She answered.

"You were there with Urameshi to save that ice demon." Toguro glanced at Genkai. "I suppose you weren't lying when you said you knew, Genkai."

Genkai glares at Ami from the corner of her eye. "Ami, what did you say to him?"

"Nothing really. Just my name and that I was right that you never told Toguro about me."

"If I remember correctly, you also said you would tell me who you were at the Dark Tournament." Toguro added.

"I guess I did. You want to know now before your fight with Genkai?"

"Yes. I may have questions for her and it would be a shame if she was already dead and couldn't answer."

She didn't flinch at his words. "Fine then." She looks at Toguro right in the eyes, or as best that Ami could because his sunglasses were on. "Toguro, I'm your granddaughter."

What!?! Well, that makes sense! But still, Genkai had a son of Toguro's as well to marry a human woman for Ami to being born!? A deadly silence fell over the three of Ami as the words slipped from her lips. The only sound heard was the breeze and the faint cheers from the crowd far away.

For a moment Toguro face lost its usual emotionless look, but it quickly returned. "Is this some sort of joke?"

"No. I'm you and Genkai's granddaughter." She looks at Genkai. "Genkai can probably explain it better than I can."

So, it is true. Poor Ami...

Toguro looked at Genkai also. "Is she telling the truth, Genkai?"

Genkai nodded. "Yes, she is. She's your granddaughter."

"But how?"

"I didn't even know I was pregnant, until you left after you got your wish. By my calculation it was that time right before the final round."

"You were pregnant during the finals?"

"Yes. I found out a few months later. You were long gone, and I had no wish to find you. Nine months later I had our son. I raised him alone until he got married and he and his wife had Ami."

"How am I supposed to believe all this?"

"You remember your wish? You wish to be strong forever. If either of us had known at the time that I was pregnant maybe you wouldn't have made that wish. When you changed so did the DNA you shared with the child." Genkai gestured to her granddaughter, or more to theirs. "Ami's power is much like you and your brothers. She can't change her form for her uniform is part of her skin to making her stronger, but she still has the power of manipulation of the Reikai within her and the bracelet she carries on her wrist, ESP powers, and the Chinese material arts style. Ami, show him."

"Alright." Ami lifts her hand to her bracelet. It then snakes off your arm and transformed into her spear. She then twirls the spear in front of Ami and then stood the spear next to her. "Now do you see?"

"Ami has the power to manipulate energy into solid objects into weapons too besides moving really fast in her demon form at times. She calls herself the Queen of Reikai. The reason I made Yusuke my student was because I couldn't pass on all my power to Ami. I was only able to teach her a few things, but not everything. That's all there is to it."