From Battle after Battles

Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files Love Story – Beauty of a Rose (by Tayla Drago)

Chapter 8

'Next Round – Kurama vs. Roto!'

"I'll take the next one." Kurama volunteered getting into the arena. A demon name Roto with black eyes and black spiked hair stepped forward.

"Kurama." Hiei said gaining his attention. "Don't pull any punches out there. They got to think twice about fighting us again."

"I know."

Ami smiled at the red haired. "Show them what you're made of Kurama!"

Kurama smiled at Ami, nodding his head. "I will." he then walked to the center of the ring.

Ami looks closely at Kurama's opponent. "I don't like the look of this guy."

Kuwabara looked over at her. "What do you mean?"

"There's just something not right about this guy."

Now to the next one, Kurama vs. Roto.

"Kurama vs. Roto: Begin!" Koto announced taking a step back.

"I hear you live with a human." Roto commented. "Hard for me to figure. You got a 'family' thing going there?" Kurama didn't answer. "You'd be sad if this human died, eh?" Roto's middle finger on his right hand turned into a sickle.

"A weasel with a sickle." Kurama commented. Roto started slashing at Kurama, but Kurama could dodge every attack. Kurama appears behind Roto. "You're adequate, but little else. I'll end this quick."

Roto smirked. "I own your mother's life," he paused, "Shuichi Minamino." Kurama hesitated and jumped back, but not before he got a thin cut on his cheek to use a dirty move to make him lose.

"Why'd he slows down?!" Kuwabara yelled.

Ami blinks wondering how Kuwabara didn't hear what Roto had just said to Kurama. "You didn't hear what he said?"

"What are you talking about?" Hiei asked. He didn't hear it either.

"Roto is threatening Kurama's human mother." Ami glares at Roto. "I knew he was no good."

"Ami, how did you hear him? I didn't hear a thing?" Kuwabara asked.

"I...I don't know." Ami shook her head. "That doesn't matter right now. Right now, Kurama is being threatened."

Roto chuckled pulling out a button from his jacket. "See this? My familiars are stalking your mom, and they'll devour her if I press this switch." he smirked at Kurama. "Being such a devoted 'son', you wouldn't want anything to happen to her." Kurama paused and then dropped his fighting stance.

Ami got so angry and scared, she bites her lip. "Kurama."

Kurama dropped his fighting stance and placed his arms by his sides. Ami keeps on biting lip so hard that the metallic taste of blood filled her mouth. And her hands were clutched into fists and shook slightly.

Roto laughed as his blade finger turned back to normal. "I see," Roto punches Kurama, "you get my drift Kurama, you human lover you!" Kurama flicks a small rock at Roto's chest, but you could have sworn Ami saw an underlying shadow under the rock. Roto looks down at the rock. "A little pebble? A modest show of defiance?" Roto pointed his finger at Kurama with the remote control in the other hand. "Well, forget it! No more, not even a pebble's worth! Clasp your hands behind you! You're my punching bag, got it?!" Kurama did what he was told and put his hands behind his back, but he never lost his emotionless look. "Ooh, scary. Okay, fight me if you want, but you do and I'll push the button, I guarantee."