21. Arrested

Luna and Haru had finished their walk and he walked her back to the farmhouse before leaving to go to sleep himself.

Once Luna had situated herself in her sleeping bag ready to fall asleep with Harmony snuggled up against her neck, she started telling Sokka and Aang about what happened when they went on their walk.

"It was brave of Haru to use his earth bending to save that old man." Luna complimented.

"Well, it's not surprising that you inspired him. I don't think you quite understand how inspiring you are." Aang complimented her, making her blush and smile at him.

Aang was laying stomach down on the top of Appa's head with Momo hugging his back as he faced Luna to continue their conversation.

"Everyone should get some sleep. We're leaving at dawn." Sokka interrupted their conversation from where he was laying on a bale of hay.

"Okay, but I just don't know, I have a bad feeling that the old man that Haru saved is gonna say something to the Fire Nation Soldiers." Luna voiced her worries to the two.

"You think he'd snitch after Haru saved his life?" Sokka asked, surprised.

"I think you'd be surprised with what people do out of fear." Luna pointed out.

"Just get some rest right now. We'll deal with that problem tomorrow. If and that is 'if' it becomes one." Sokka told her.

Luna blew out the candle that was on her lap and they all fell asleep. But in the middle of the night if you listened closely, you could hear the marching of soldiers and they stopped right outside Haru's house then they banged on the door.

Haru opened the door thinking that it could possibly be Luna or Aang, or Sokka but to his surprise he opened his front door to reveal 4 Fire Nation soldiers with the old man that he saved standing in front of them.

"That's him! That's the earth bender!" the old man said, pointing at Haru. Then a Fire Nation Soldier pushed the old man aside and grabbed Haru.

"Ahh!" Haru yelled in surprise when he got grabbed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now bright and early the next day and Luna had gone outside to grab some water for them while the boys cleaned up their sleeping bags. And although Luna knew what was to come, she had to pretend like she didn't.

So, she walked outside with a bright smile on her face and went to the water pump that wasn't that far from the barn they slept in and filled up a container with some water using her water bending.

But before she picked it up Haru's mother came running towards her crying.

"Please you have to save my son! They took him! They came in the middle of the night, and they took him away from me just like his dad! Please you're the only one I can think of to save him." Haru's mother said frantically as she was crying.

When Haru's mother had found out that her son was taken she immediately broke down crying and when she heard Luna come out of the barn to get water, she remembered what Haru told her yesterday about Luna being a powerful water bender and thought that if there was anyone that would be able to save her Haru it would be the young girl.

"Calm down. Take deep breaths, that's right in and out in and out. Good, now what happened and who took Haru?" Luna asked her.

"The Fire Nation Soldiers came in the middle of last night and they took him away." the older woman said in a broken voice.