My best friends crush-hyunlix💧

Fluff and slight angst (not really lol)
1037 words

~~~~

'I can't believe myself. How could I do this? I'm a horrible best friend! It's not okay! What do I do? What else is there? Conceal your feelings, pretend they aren't there.

'I really fell for my best friends crush. How could I be so idiotic!'

I was broken out of my though process when I heard Jisung speak beside me, "Lix, you alright?"

Why did he have to be so amazing! I can't hurt him! I had better stay away from Hyunjin at all costs so these feelings didn't escalate. "Felix? Why aren't you responding?"

"Ah, um, yea, I'm fine!" I gave him a smile, trying to reassure him, but it didn't work.

"Oh come on, what's wrong!"

"Nothings wrong Jisungie, forget about it. Look, Minho hyung is here, go home now." I said before my best friend could try to dig deeper. As always, he ran off quickly upon hearing Minhos name. Sometimes I thought that Minho was his real crush and not Hyunjin, but I couldn't deny that Jisung sometimes didn't know how to shut up about the older boy.

His long, black hair, deep eyes, perfect figure, fun personality, at this point it was me who couldn't shut up about Hyunjin, at least in my head. For as long as Jisung continued to like him, I would pretend my feelings for him didn't exist. I didn't want my best friend to be upset.

Plus, if he knew, he'd probably back off for me to have a chance.

~~~~

Third person

The next day, Jisung came over to Felix's house with some exciting news.

"WHAT?! SO YOU LIKED HIM THIS WHOLE TIME AND YOU JUST FORGOT TO TELL ME ABOUT IT???!"

"No Lixie calm downnn pleaseeee! I didn't even know I liked him until yesterday he confessed to me and then I realized that I've been in love with him since like, forever! It's better anyways, now I won't bother you by talking about Hyunjin 24/7. Minho's more my type, and I actually know him, Hyunjin was just a silly crush."

"Fine, I forgive you just this once but you have to take me out for ice cream!"

"Okay! Can I invite Mi-"

"I don't wanna be a third wheeeeel." He started fake crying as Jisung sighed.

"Alright alright I won't bring him, let's just go alreadyyy!"

The two quickly got ready and went to get ice cream at a nearby shop that same day because they had no school, sitting down in their usual booth after ordering.

"Why do you always get vanilla?? It's so simple!"

"It's not 'simple' it's classic, and it's best!"

"There's so many others to tryyy."

This was their usual argument whenever they got ice cream, because Jisung always ordered vanilla, and Felix got a new flavor each time.

Only a few minutes into their bickering though, a tall, handsome boy came up to their table.

Felix POV
'Hyunjin???? What's he doing here??' I thought, looking over to Jisung but instead of seeing a blush on his cheeks and a nervous look in his eyes, he just smiled at Hyunjin, not shy or anything?! Was he really over his crush already? Did I really have a chance?

"Hi, Jisung was it? Can I have a word with Yongbok?"

Suddenly I was the blushing and nervous one! The only people who called me that were my friends when they teased me, but he wasn't teasing, and I suddenly loved the name just because it came out of his mouth.

It was obvious how I felt, at least to my best friend, who could always tell. So he simply wiggled his eye brows at me teasingly and walked to another booth, letting Hyunjin slide in across from me.

"Hey Felix."

"H-hi Hyunjin." I was not one to get this shy but the way he looked at me, I couldn't help it!

"I'm sorry, this was so random, but whenever I see you in the halls, you run away, so I figured this was my best chance."

"What do you mean?" Sudden curiosity took away the anxiousness.

"Can I take you out? Like, on a date?"

"Huh????"

"I've liked you for years Felix, I was just too nervous to say anything. Crazy huh, but still, I'm telling you now! You don't have to think of it as a date, but I like you a lot, and I'll do whatever I can for my feelings to be reciprocated."

I think my brain broke, seriously, there was no way, right? But what if there was? What if it was true, and he liked me back?

"I-I-I also like you," I whispered "I would love to go on a date with you." My cheeks began heating up again, so he scooted to be right next to me and placed his colds hands over my flushed face. I unknowingly closed my eyes and leaned into his touch, loving how nice it felt.

But when I opened them again, his face was only centimeters from mine, surprising both of us, but not enough to move away.

"Yongbokie, can I kiss you?" He whispered softly, his breath tickling my face a bit, which was something I hoped I'd be able to feel again, I hoped that he wouldn't get sick of me, stop liking me. Shaking those thoughts from my head, I nodded, too shy to initiate it anyways.

So he leaned in and before I knew it, his soft, plump lips were on mine. I didn't need anything more, I was content right then, more than that, I was happy.

The only part I liked was the ending, but I really wanted to do hyunlix and am rushing because I'm going on a trip so this is the last chap I can write unless I find time while I'm not home!

So I hate it, but I hope no one else does lol, I'll probs edit it to make it more likeable at some point but for now imma update my other stories!

also I said angst and fluff but idk if this counts as angst or not????

But um yea anygays bye everyoneeeeeee<3