Promise C.T

A/N: Life is so weird, like be for real, just let me be happy for one second.

Also, this is not really based on her real acting career.

This is just fluff. I lied. It's fluff AND hurt. ;)

Y/n is 23 slay.

Today is the day of all days. I am finally ready to confess my undying love to the person who I've loved ever since we baked in the kitchen together when we were ten. Or not? I won't, I can not.

Let's rewind.

13 years ago

"Why do you always invite random strangers to our house?"  I ask my mother, who was packing her purse with random things.

"So you won't be lonely when I'm gone, now be a good girl for me and behave yourself. I don't need you to make a bad impression." My mother is always like this, begging me to not make her look bad in any social situation.

"Fine." I say, not looking her into the eyes.

Mother pats me on the shoulder in the least affectionate way you could imagine, and left. Now all I had to do was wait for the random girl she invited to come over.

Not even five minutes after the door had shut, behind my mother, I heard a careful knock on the door.

I open it only to see a girl not much older than me standing in front of me. Though I had to look up to meet her gaze, she did not seem that much taller than me.

"I'm Charlize! Pleasure to meet you." The girl introduced herself with a sort of manner I could imagine from someone.

"Y/N!" I said, opening the door, signaling her to come inside.

"Mother said we could bake something to spend some time." Charlize only nodded, she was way shyer, and more held back then before.

We get to the kitchen, and I unpack everything we need for the cookies.

"How old are you?" Charlize asked while putting the eggs into the bowl.

"Ten, but eleven in 4 months. How about you?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the scale.

"Twelve. My mom and your mom must be close friends." She continues the small talk, she is so extraordinary.

"My mother doesn't do friends. She only has convenient acquaintances." I only heard a small oh from her side. We continued to bake, and every five minutes I felt my eyes wander over to her, and just gaze into the oblivious void.

Once we were done, and the cookies were in the oven, we were sat opposite to each other.

"Can I ask you something?" Charlize is the first to break the silence, and I nod.

"Why am I here?"

"What are you talking about? My mother invited you." I answer confused.

"Yes, but why am I here? You probably have lots of friends, why would your mother invite a total stranger to bake with you." I think about my answer, I could tell her, probably.

"My mother is always gone. I am home alone mostly, and she started to feel bad about it, so she probably invited you to be my companion. And, about the friends part. I am homeschooled, so I don't get to meet a lot of like wised people." I talked way too much.

"Oh. You speak so eloquently. Most of the kids in my grade can't even form a proper sentence." We laughed together. This may be my only chance of getting a friend, and I wouldn't blow this up.

We talked for hours, and hours, never running out of things to talk about. When she had to leave, it felt like my stomach was empty, and I felt alone again. My heart ached, and I just couldn't explain why I was feeling this way about someone I just met.