Free

TW: Foul language, Suicidal thoughts, Hallucinations, 

ECHO maintained their calm demeanor, their eyes filled with understanding and compassion, '𝙊𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙮 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨, 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚. 𝙒𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝙒𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨.'

BASIL's anger seemed to intensify, and he cut ECHO off, his voice trembling with frustration. 'I don't need your support! I don't need you trying to make excuses for that manipulative snake. He's the reason I'm fucking trapped here, and you're acting like he deserves sympathy?'

In the dim light of the closet, shadows seemed to play tricks on BASIL's mind. He could have sworn he saw fleeting shapes darting in the darkness, like specters taunting him from the corners of his vision.

ECHO's voice remained steady, though a touch of concern now laced their words, '𝙎𝙐𝙉𝙉𝙔 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠. 𝙒𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙤 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩.'

As ECHO spoke, the shadows in the closet seemed to writhe and dance, playing tricks on BASIL's mind. His heart pounded in his chest, the confined space feeling more suffocating than ever.

'Justice?' BASIL scoffed, his voice tinged with bitterness. 'In a world like this, justice is a joke. The strong do whatever they want, and the weak suffer for it. It's all just a sick game, and we're just pawns in their hands.'

In the dim light, the shadows seemed to take on sinister shapes, and BASIL's stress and fear began to manifest into vivid hallucinations. He saw grotesque faces leering at him, taunting him with their twisted grins.

ECHO remained steadfast in their attempt to calm BASIL, despite the escalating situation. '𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮, 𝘽𝘼𝙎𝙄𝙇. 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙙, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙜𝙤. 𝙊𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙡𝙛 𝙞𝙣 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧.'