Canyon Runs

Vinnies POV

It was mid day and the boys and I decided to go on a canyon run. It had been away since I had driven around since I was still working on my car but I was pretty stoked seeing everyone else's cars lined up in the dry desert.

There was 4 of us plus the 3 girls that Evan, Jett and Adam had bought with them. I never really got the plus one memo but I guess it was cool.

Even though it would be nice to have someone to watch me drive, not even like. A girlfriend, just a girl that could sit back and enjoy the ride without wanting sex.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked and Jett looked up from tapping his phone. We had been standing outside our cars for the last 5 minutes.

"One of my friends wanted to join us. She can get in your car Vin if you want?" Jett answered.

Was this guy reading my mind?

"Yeah that's cool." I said as chill as possible. Let me not get to over excited.

Another two minutes passed before a figure ran toward our group. As it got closer a brownskinned girl with long goddess braids was visible, she carried a hand speaker with her. Jett started waving at her and she waved back, eventually stopping infront of us.

She placed her hands over her knees breathing heavily. "Fucking hell yeah." She said out of breath and we all laughed. "Your actually a liar, you said you was gonna leave without me."

Jett chuckled while rolling his eyes. "You were taking too long y/n." He said to which she just flipped him off.

"Hey y'all." She finally greeted us all a stood straight. "I'm y/n."

The group said hello and I sent her a wave to which she smiled at me kindly. She was actually kind of beautiful.

"Your getting in Vinnies car." Jett pointed at me as we all headed to our cars.

She followed behind me. "Nice car." She said gliding her hands over the new paint job and I thanked her and asked.

"Are you into cars?"

She tilted her head slightly. "Not exactly but I know enough to start a conversation." She said climbing in to the car and looking at the exterior.

She was ticking my boxes. She might be perfect.

"Do you want my glasses? it gets hella dusty." I held out my shades and she smiled taking them off my hands.

"Thanks vinnie." I liked the way she said my name. I watched as she placed them in her face and looked at me. "Do they suit me?"

I nodded chuckling. "Yeah."

Adam caught my attention as he held his hands out as single for us to get ready to start. I started my car and it revved to life. And I would be lying if I said I don't rev it a bit louder to impress y/n.

"I hope you like Pop Smoke." She said as her speaker started to blast The woo.

She's actually perfect.

I paid close attention as Adam sent the start signal and I stepped on the gas.

Y/n cheered as I passed Jett and Evans car. I glanced at her as she held the speaker up singing along with the song.

I smiled. This is what it felt like.

"Come on vinnie!" She yelled over the loud revs of everyone's car. She watched the road intensely as anticipation grew on her face. Adam had fell back from his level with me and Evan had managed to creep up to just ahead of me.