CHAPTER 2

After everyone was fully woken up, the rest of the day continued normally.

Well, as normal as it can get in the royal sandwing palace. It wasn't even really the sandwing royal palace, as most of the royal family were hybrids. Dusk's grandmother, Queen Ivy, had been a nightwing/sandwing hybrid, and so was her brother, Great Uncle Sandstone. No one knows what happened to either of them, as they disappeared on a mission to the Rainforest.

Dusk had to admit, he had a really large family. He could hardly count the number of second and third cousins he had, and everyone except his third cousin Venom lived in the palace. So there were at least twenty of them.

"Dusk! Gila! Come here!" Queen Kyanite called.

"Huh? What is it?", Gila asked.

"You're going on a trip with Seabreeze and Mist to the Sea Kingdom to meet their grandparents. You'll be leaving tomorrow, so start packing your bags. I've already told Aloe."

"Wait- what?", Dusk questioned, "Why are we going, too?"

"Your uncle Hydro finally got back into contact with his parents, and I thought you'd like to get away from the palace for a few days."

"Ohhhh, ok, got it." Dusk said, then looking to Gila. "Race you back to the bedroom!"

They both bolted up and down all of the stairs. Gila took the back entrance while Dusk climbed up the flight of stairs. As soon as he flung the door open Gila flung the back door open.

"Well, looks like we tied," Dusk said.

"Aw. Anyways, put this on," Gila said, handing Dusk a blindfold.

"Why?"

"Just do it."

And so Dusk put the blindfold on and the next thing he knew Gila had had dumped soup on his head.

"GILA, WHAT THE HECK!?", Dusk said, half annoyed and half amused.

"I thought you liked soup?"

"Not on my head!"

"Oh. I'll remember that for next time."

"NEXT TIME!?!?"