(Halloween Special!!) CHAPTER 19

Spoilers for Wings of Fire Legends: Darkstalker!! ^^

"Alright," Seabreeze whispered, the light of the bonfire illuminating her face red-orange as she held the small flamesilk lantern, "I'm about to tell you the tale.." She took a long pause for suspense, "Of the terrible, soul-shocking, evil DARKSTALKER!"

She blew out the lantern, the only light being the small flicker of the bonfire.

"One day, around three-thousand years ago, under the light of three glittering moons, a tiny icewing-nightwing hybrid crawled out of his egg. He was born with incredible power. Mind reading and foresight, from his nightwing heritage, and animus magic, from his icewing father, prince Arctic."

"Wait, the icewings had animus magic?", Leopard asked, confused.

"At one point, yes, they did. I'll get to that," Seabreeze grinned before continuing, "Darkstalker had only one sister, her name was Whiteout. She was not hatched under three moons, two, or even one. She was considered weird or strange by most, expect for maybe her brother. Darkstalker's father was not very good to him. He often had fights with Darkstalker's mother, Foeslayer."

Seabreeze grabbed a bowl of steaming soup, ate some of it, and then got back to telling the story.

"Darkstalker's best friends were Fathom, an animus seawing and a witness of the Great Seawing Massacre, and Clearsight, the best seer in nightwing history and Darkstalker's one-and-only true love. "

She moved her talons in the air, casting three dragon-looking shadows.

"One day, Darkstalker created a scroll. A scroll to put his animus magic into, so that he wouldn't go insane or turn evil as he'd seen his father do. Clearsight has seen many futures, bad and good, of her and Darkstalker, and this was a step towards a good future. There was another dragon, too. A purple seawing named Indigo. She was Fathom's bodyguard and she didn't trust Darkstalker like the others did. And one day, she left, with just a note to say goodbye."

"Wait, what?" exclaimed Snowstar, suprised, "She just left? Randomly?

"That's what they thought. Then, years later, Darkstalker's parents got into a ginormous fight. Foeslayer threw off her protective earring, a gift from Arctic, and then was captured by Queen Diamond, Arctic's mother. Darkstalker then learned that the queen of the nightwings had tried to kill him, but Arctic took Whiteout to the Ice Kingdom to exchange her for Foeslayer, and Darkstalker was forced to follow them. He chased them, and used his scroll to bring Arctic back to the Nightwing Kingdom. Clearsight saw this, saw what happened next even before it happened. Darkstalker, using his magic, commanded Arctic to rip open his stomach, and poor his life out on the stage. Then he flew to the queen, but was stopped by Clearsight, who had learned that Darkstalker had used invisible ink to cast spells, and was horrified when she read the Darkstalker had turned Indigo into a small, wooden statue! She met him at the mountain.."

"..And then buried him alive with his own magic!"

"WHAT!?" Leopard threw her talons down, "She WHAT?"

And the laughter of the group of dragons rang through the rest of the night.