CHAPTER 8

As the group headed back to the Kingdom of Sand, they soon realized that the rainforest was more treacherous than it seemed. Predators lurking in the shadows, strange silhouettes that disappear as soon as you see them, it all when back to the old legend passed down in the royal family for generations.

The legend of Sun and Star.

The legend says that Sun fled to the rainforest after Star's death, leaving no trace of him ever even being in the castle in the first place. But legends aren't actually true, right? They're just stories made up to scare small dragonets into staying up late.

...Right?

"Another successful adventure for the shenani-dragons!", Gila exclaimed.

Dusk looked at him. "The.. shenani-dragons-?"

"Yeah, the shenani-dragons! The dragons that do shenanigans! Yippie!", he said cheerfully.

"You know we're like, so dead when we get home, right?", Seabreeze chimed in.

Gila grinned smugly, "Oh, I know."

 "You better not do what I think you're going to do," Dusk eyed him.

"Whaaaaat? Me? Noooooo."

"You sure? You look very guilty."

"Dusk, just because I look like I'm going to dump soup on mother's head and then run away, doesn't mean I'm actually going to do it."

"AHA! I KNEW YOUR NAME WASN'T QIBLI!", Destiny yelled, becoming visible and tackling Dusk midair. "Like, honestly, who names their dragonet Qibli? What even is a Qibli?"

"Who in the world are you!?", Aloe said, suprised.

"I'm Destiny, totally normal nightwing with absolutely no relation to rainwings, yep!"

"We just saw you go invisible and then reappear again," Mist said.

"I- never.. did that."

"And you have rainwing fangs, too. Are you sure you aren't at least part rainwing? It's really only our mother that hates them, not the rest of the sandwings," Aloe questioned.

Destiny looked at her curiously. "Who's your mother?"

"Queen Kyanite.."

"Woah, so you're heir to the throne? You're so lucky!"

"I guess if you want to think about it as lucky, then sure," Aloe laughed.

Snowstar swooped down from above them. "I'm here, too, by the way," she smiled.

"Can I please ask why you decided to follow us?" Mist and Seabreeze's father, Hydro, asked.

"You just seemed suspicious. Also I wanted an adventure," Destiny grinned.

"Do your parents know anything about this..?" Hydro looked at her.

"Not a clue!"