CHAPTER 11

For the next 2 months, Gila was still grounded. Just not in the way Kyanite had intended, because once Gila has his mind set to something, or more specifically, annoying his mother, he's going to do it.

For some reason, Queen Emberblaze, the queen of the skywings, decided to call a meeting right in the middle of Gila being grounded. That meant that Gila, Dusk, and Aloe had to come to the meeting also, because leaving the three of them home alone would mean absolute chaos and destruction of the entire palace. But Kyanite couldn't leave two random nightwing hybrids running around the palace, so Destiny and Snowstar had to come too, despite it being a meeting reserved specifically for Kyanite and Emberblaze.

"Gila," she knocked on the door to his room, "Get up. I'm going to a meeting and I can't leave you here to destroy the entire palace."

"WOOHOO!" exclaimed Gila, "MORE FREEDOM! YEAH! ANOTHER WIN FOR GILA!"

"We're leaving in 5 minutes. Get ready."

"OK!", Gila yelled excitedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The skywing palace's complexity and structure was more stunning than the sandwing's own palace. Queen Emberblaze's throne was three times the size of an actual dragon, and made purely out of gold. The skywing guards were silent as they glared at the two hybrids following the sandwings. It was a meeting specifically for royals, after all, and Destiny and Snowstar couldn't be farther from that.

"Queen Emberblaze looks like a carrot with too much ketchup and a mean face," Gila whispered.

"No she doesn't-" Dusk stopped. "Three moons, SHE REALLY DOES."

"Told you."

Kyanite shot the two of them a glare before quickly turning back to face Queen Emberblaze.

"Queen Kyanite, it's just.. thrillingly wonderful that you were able to meet today," Emberblaze hissed.

Dusk shivered and he saw Aloe slowly backing away a few steps. Snowstar grabbed Destiny's talon, while Gila was... laughing?

"Gila, why are you laughing?", Dusk whispered.

"I told you, she looks like a carrot! A carrot that talks! How can I not laugh at that?", Gila whispered back.

"What's that, dragonet?" the skywing queen snarked. Gila whirled his head around. Dusk had never seen his brother look scared until now.

"I-I s-said you look v-very.. queenly, and uh.. regal, yeah," Gila stuttered, his voice shaking with fear despite his attempts to not show it.

"I heard something else," Emberblaze glared at him, "What did you actually say?"

"I did it," piped up Destiny, "I said you look like a fat carrot with too much ketchup and an evil, mean face."

Gila turned around again. "Destiny, don't!", he mouthed.

Queen Kyanite's face was red with anger at this point.

"EXCUSE ME?", Emberblaze stepped a talon off of her throne, "YOU LITTLE-"

Emberblaze was about to breathe a burst of fire at them before a small yellow-orange rainwing dragonet hurled through the roof, targeting throwing stars at the skywing queen. "You killed my father, and I WON'T HAVE YOU HURT ANYONE ELSE!"

The rainwing tackled Queen Emberblaze, aiming her venom right at the skywing's neck. "If you attempt to hurt them again, I'll kill you in a single bite," threatened the rainwing, "Now let us leave in peace."

Emberblaze growled, "Fine."

"I'm staying here," said Queen Kyanite, "Because my dragonets would never be this blatantly disrespectful. Get out of my sight."

"She tried to kill us!" Aloe cried.

"OUT."

Dusk gave his mother one last look of shock before flying away.

A/N - WOAAAAH, 547 WORDS!! THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER YET!