CHAPTER 13

A/N: Ah, Chapter 13. This brings back memories of the first (mostly) successful story I ever wrote. I lost access to the website I wrote it on, and this was as far as I remember getting. But that story lives on in my heart and some day I hope to publish it as a real book ;)

———————————————————————————————————

"I can't believe this is still here, after all this time," Snowstar said as she examined the large dungeon room. The stone pillars barely held up the walls and water dripped from small stalactites above them. Talonprints lined the floors, and the of smell burning scales and smoke drifted silently throughout the entire room.

"Yeah, it's strange," Dusk replied, "Like fate lead us here, or something."

"Fate doesn't exist," Leopard mumbled.

Gila sniffed the air, "Smells like fate."

"I don't think fate has a smell," replied Leopard, obviously in a bad mood. Well, Leopard seemed to always be in a bad mood, in Dusk's opinion.

"Do you hear that?", Seabreeze whispered as the group examined the dungeon, "It sounds like.. breathing?"

"Hey, there's a dragon over here!", Destiny called from across the room.

Gila was chanting quietly, "Fate, fate, fate, fate, fate."

A dark purple silkwing-nightwing with bright orange-yellow, almost see-through wings, was curled into the corner of a small cell. They looked like they hadn't eaten in multiple days.

"Who are you?", Mist asked the hybrid.

Dusk watched Leopard's eyes widen. She took a small step forward before freezing in place.

"Dad?"