CHAPTER 3

Dusk awoke to the sound of some very annoying, loud woodpeckers-

Wait.

Had Dusk really just woken up before his brother? No, he must of been dreaming. Gila never slept in. Then an idea came to Dusk's mind and he crept down the stairs to get some soup ready.

It took him five entire minutes to search all of the cabinets, but he finally found all of the ingredients for soup. Specifically expired ones, so that Gila would smell like soup all day long. Dusk grinned to himself. They only bad part about dumping soup on his brother was that once you prank Gila, he pranks you back twice as hard. Meaning that tommorow Dusk would probably smell like fish, or something else worse than expired soup tommorow.

Dusk carefully walked back to his room with the pot of soup. He was just about to dump it on Gila's head when he realized Gila wasn't there.

"Where-?"

And once again, Dusk was covered in soup. Gila had snuck up behind him with his own pot of soup. Of course Gila had gone to the other kitchen. Speaking of which, why did they need two kitchens? Or SEVEN spare bedrooms?

"OH NO YOU DON'T!", Dusk yelled as he dumped the expired soup on Gila's head.

"Aw come on, expired soup? I should have thought of that." Gila play-punched Dusk in the shoulder and Dusk did the same back. "I'm going to smell bad all day because of you."

"That was the whole point," Dusk grinned.

"Dusk! Gila! Aloe! It's time to leave!"

< 1 HOUR LATER >

A while of flying later and they finally reached the Kingdom of Sea. It was magnificent. The shimmering blue oceans complemented the pale yellow of the sand, and the small trees planted across the island added on to the already amazing view.

They flew down to the small hut where Seabreeze and Mist's grandparents lived, and were greeting by two old seawings who looked like they were trying to smile but weren't actually very happy.

Hydro landed shortly after the rest of them did, also doing the 'I'm-trying-to-smile-but-I'm-not-actually-happy' thing.

"Hello, Hydro," great aunt Tigershark said, attempting to sound nice.

"Hello, mother. These are you grandchildren, Mist and Seabreeze, and their cousins, Dusk, Gila, and Aloe."

Mist was tapping her talon, something she did when she was nervous. "You ok?", Dusk looked at her.

"Yeah.."

Mist looked as if she had something on her mind, but Dusk didn't have time to ask her as they were already entering the house.

"So," Gila looked at Dusk with his talons behind his back , "Soup?"

And, for the third or so time in the last day, Dusk was once again drenched in disgusting soup.