CHAPTER 14

... "Dad? You're.. You're alive? I thought Emberblaze had you executed!"

The nightwing-silkwing hybrid looked up at them. "Nope. Threw me down here. I honestly didn't think anyone would find me down here."

Leopard turned to Dusk and the others, "Can any of you get this cage door open?"

"Get me a bowl of soup and a coin or an earring or, I don't know, just something," Gila said, nodding to Dusk.

"Uhhh, here's a bowl of soup," Dusk said handing the bowl over to Gila.

"I have an earring!" Snowstar exclaimed, "It's from my uncle."

As she put the earring into Gila's talons it started to glow teal blue. It floated up above his talons and in front of his snout.

"Oh no," Snowstar whispered in fear, "The magic."

"Huh?", Dusk looked at Snowstar.

"I guess I have to tell you now," she sighed.

"Tell us what?", questioned Seabreeze.

"The truth. I'm- I'm not from here, from this time. I was hatched about ten years after the War of Sandwing Succession, and my true name is Princess Snowstar of the Icewings. A few weeks ago I found a hidden bracelet in the rainforest near my house while exploring with my brother Blackdrift. When I picked it up, it sent me to this time."

As everyone else listened intently, Gila smashed the bowl of soup on the cage lock.

"Hey, what was the earring even for?", asked Snowstar, slightly annoyed.

"What else was I supposed to wear?"

"Oh Gila. Oh why," Dusk sighed, grinning.