CHAPTER 4

As Dusk and Gila entered the house, they noticed three specific things. A dead fish hanging on the wall, a soft leather couch, and some mystery substance that Dusk happened to step in, which he had to quickly wash off along with the soup.

"Watch this," Gila whispered to Dusk and Aloe.

"Oh no," Dusk and Aloe both responded in unison.

"Hey auntie Tigershark?", Gila said, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Yes?" Tigershark snarled.

"What in the moons is up with your scales?"

Dusk, Mist, Seabreeze, and Aloe all exchanged frightened glances. They both had heard how fierce and strict Great-Aunt Tigershark could be, and got especially mad when someone made comments about the orange stripes on her scales. It was a genetic mutation that just ran in her family. Even Seabreeze and Mist had some dark blue stripes along their wings.

Tigershark looked Gila dead in the eyes. "What did you say, hybrid?"

"Ooooookay, mom, let's take a break-", Hydro, Dusk's uncle started.

"These dragonets are despicable! I bet they can't even count to five."

"One, seven, fourteen-", Gila laughed out. He was practically falling over laughing.

"ARRRGGGGH! HEY- WAIT! GET BACK HERE YOU!"

Gila had already started to run around the house, accidentally knocking over multiple glass items, one fragile wooden bowl, and a giant lamp that almost set the rug on fire.

If there was any chance of them forgiving him before, there was no chance now, as Gila had just dumped soup on the floor. Bad idea to leave soup out, Tigershark.

"He is so grounded once we get home," Dusk whispered to Aloe, who nodded in response.

It was clear they were never visiting their great aunt and uncle ever again.

A/N: Who's your favorite character so far, and why? What do you think is going to happen in chapter 5? Comment down below! ^^