CHAPTER 12

"Are you going to tell us your name already or are you going to keep ignoring us?", Destiny pestered the yellow rainwing as the group ran quickly through the damp tunnel that used to lead to the skywing arena, run by the tyrant Queen Scarlet over 700 years ago. It was too small to fly through, so they traveled on foot.

"That's classified information that you don't need to know right now," the rainwing snarked back.

Destiny was obviously annoyed as she responded, with specks of orange showing up on her wings and frill, "And we're supposed just blindly trust someone whose name we name we don't even know?"

"I saved your life, didn't I? I think that should make someone trust you, if you save their life."

"Some of us have had it hard, in ways you probably wouldn't understand," Snowstar looked away, "I recently lost my parents. Maybe consider other dragon's lives, too, instead of just thinking of yourself."

Destiny gave Snowstar a look of sympathy while the rainwing scoffed, her scales turning a bright red-orange, "You think you've had it bad? Can you imagine being abandoned as an egg, dropped off the edge of a cliff into the endless ocean? Can you imagine watching your only family be taken away? Can you imagine risking your life for a random bunch of hybrids that you've never seen in your life!"

"We didn't need saving! I could have handled it!", Destiny yelled back.

"You-" the rainwing started before being interrupted by Aloe, "Can you all just stop?"

"NO!", the two yelled in unison before continuing to argue.

"As I was about to say before being rudely interrupted by 'annoying sandwing princess' over here, you were about to get blasted with fire before I saved you."

"I was in the back! It wouldn't have hit me!"

"You know what? I give up. My name's Leopard, and that's all I'm telling you."

"Wait, Leopard the rainwing assassin?", Snowstar asked curiously.

"How- where did you hear that?" Leopard replied, defensively and a bit shocked.

"Oh- I uh, heard about you from a friend," the icewing-nightwing hybrid said hurriedly, visibly avoiding eye contact from Leopard, "Oh hey, there's the exit! I think.."

They entered large room lined with stone pillars and-

Prison cells?

"Guys," Dusk said looking around, "I think this is the dungeon."