Chapter 9

outfit up top

Kerrianne was out of the bath as she used shea butter to moisturize her body before spraying and putting on her essentials. She put on her clothes before moving on to cook herself some breakfast. She fixed herself some pancakes and eggs with an ice coffee. She sat eating knowing that she finally knew why Peter attacked her. She was his mate. Their mate. But it was weird, the Bunny Queen was the first Bunny shifter to have predators as mates but why me she thought. She finished eating, wanting to explore the house more than she did when she first moved in. But she didn't know that Peter and his cousin Destiny would start to compare the Bunny Queen and her together.

Her small feet pitter pattered against the wooden floor. She explored every nook and cranny of the house before finally coming across the attic. She pulled the string to lower the attic stairs before climbing up. She peeks her head first to hope nothing wasn't up there that would attack her. When she saw the close was clear, she finished climbing in. The attic was a big one, boxes filled with clothes from different periods. Different small boxes with jewelry like it was a treasury. She looked through the family albums that she saw until she saw her great grandmother Monica. Kerrianne was shocked. She looked just like her. The black and white picture showed her great grandmother with her Upir. She turned the picture over to see Monia's handwriting.

                                                                          Thank you for everything.

                                                                                          Frankie

                                                                                        with love

                                                                                           Monny

She flipped the picture back over, staring into the cuddle with smiling faces. Monica staring into the Camera while Frankie stared at her with love in his eyes. She put the picture down, still shocked at the resemblance of herself and her grandmother. Kerrianne still flips through each page, staring at different generations before coming to a picture of her mom and dad with other couples. She stared at her parents, who looked like they were close with the couples. She flipped the picture to see if there was any handwriting. Noticing her mother's writing.

                                                                            Us and the Godfreys

                                                                (Olivia, JR, Norman and Marie)

                                                                                    We'll miss you.

Kerrianne couldn't understand. Her parents knew the Godfreys. She looked closer to see the building with Godfrey's name on it. She put the picture back before seeing a picture of her and her parents as they looked like a picture-perfect family. She continued looking at the boxes, until something caught her eye.

                                                                    The Legend of the Bunny Queen

Kerrianne quickly grabs the book with both hands staring at the title. She took a deep breath before opening the book. She skimmed through the book reading every detail. The Bunny Queen was based in the 1400s, the Lagomorph shifters had just come out of the shadows within the supernatural world. Mildred Hopper was her name. She was one of the main branch daughters who was lovable to those around her. She was kind and respected others even if they were different. She soon fell in love with a werewolf named Draco and an Upir named Gabriel.