Chapter 8

Same outfit of last chapter

Lynda and Roman walk over to the trailer as she stares at them. They came back enough for her to hop down. She hopped down, changing to her full form, hopping into Roman's arms. She squeaked as he cuddled her softly following Lynda inside the house. Kerrianne warmed up to his body heat as best she could.

'That was a close call." Kerrianne thought.

"You were scared of the big bad wolf, wasn't you?" Roman mumbled as he scratched behind her ear making Kerrianne close her eyes. Lynda watched them for a while before telling him they could stay to wait for Peter. He nodded, still paying attention to Kerrianne, who masked in his scent and cuddles.

By the time Peter busted into the trailer, it was morning, and they were asleep. Kerrianne laid as her hybrid self on top of Roman straddling him as her head laid on his chest. Roman's arms wrapped around her as they slept. Peter watched them with a small smile before Roman started waking up, sitting up with Kerrianne still on him.

"Could you believe she was a cute bunny last time I saw her?" Roman says as he puts her on to the couch.

"She's called a Lagomorph shifter. Her kind is at the bottom of the food chain." Peter said as he before going to change then sitting in the lone chair. Lynda brought him a cup of water. Mumbling a thank you, he started to drink.

"There's more." Roman questioned.

"A lot actually, but it's every blue moon that you'll see one." Peter replied.

"Which one is she?" Roman asked.

"She's a bunny. I'll have to apologize to her for last night." Peter answered as they both looked at a sleeping Kerrianne, who started reverting back to her original self before their eyes.

"I'm amazed at her." Roman cooed softly, touching her hair as she moved her head before getting comfortable again.

"I am too." Peter smiled before Roman turned his attention back to him.

"So how was it?" Roman questioned Peter.

"What?" Peter answers slightly, still feeling a little off from the turn.

"Something was out there. A scent." Peter continued now understanding what he was asking.

Of What? A Milk Bone?" Roman tried to Joke.

Peter looked at him with a serious look.

"Something bad." Peter answers before hearing mummering from Kerrianne, who started to toss and turn.

"Vargulf... Vargulf... It's a Vargulf." Kerrianne muttered as Peter called for Lynda while him and Roman tried to calm her down.

"Kerrianne, What's wrong?" Roman asked as they tried to shake her awake. Kerrianne still muttered Vargulf repeatedly. She unconsciously released her pheromone from the bad dream, she was making the boys by the call of Lynda back up.

It wasn't until she was almost dying in her dream did, she wake up. The boys stood back watching as Lynda comforted the bunny, as she softly cried.

"Oh Honey." Lynda whispered as they sat on the couch.

"What happened?" Roman called out.

"Umm Roman, what you saw don't tell anyone. I'll see you later at school." Peter said as he almost hurried Roman out.

Roman kind of stood outside staring at the door before walking off to get ready for school.

Peter sat down on the other side of Kerrianne as Lynda still comforted her.