Chapter 29

(Outfit up top)

In her sleep, as she spoke to her sisters, her hand went to her now prodding stomach, as she smiled softly. Roman had woken up and was now staring at the stomach with a knowing look. He could now hear the three heartbeats including his bunny. Now he had to deal with four kids. No matter Nadia reminded him of what he did to Letha, he cared for his daughter.

He was beyond excited now about the children his beloved would give him. He would have to tell Johann to open back up the baby room. After Letha had died, he and Kerrianne had told him to shut it down. He got up, and walked downstairs as he pulled out his cigarette from his pocket—Katris, who was tidying upstairs close the door. Katris, now saw her stomach almost drop her things. Their mistress was pregnant. She would have to tell Salvatore.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Roman smoked on the couch before the doorbell rang. Who could that be? He stood up walking to the door. Opening the door to saw a blonde young woman standing at his door. She was hurt, bleeding from the side of her head. As much as her blood was appetizing it wasn't his mate's.

"Hi. I'm so sorry to bother you at this time of night, but um...I was just in an accident... right there, right outside your house, and, uh, my phone's dead, and I don't have a charger. And I really should have a charger for the car, but I...I just, um, I'm... well, someone hit me, actually, someone came out of the dark and, and just, um...and... can I come inside and make a call?" The young girl said as Roman stared at her before looking up the stairs where he knew his mate was sleeping.

"I'll call 911," Roman stated before the girl in distress waved her hand.

"No, no, no, no 911. Please. I don't have insurance, and cops hate that. Um, a towing company would be great." The girl pleaded as Roman stared at her before closing the door, leaving the girl outside. Roman used his hearing to check on Kerrianne as she slept. He grabbed a towel and walked back to the door. He opened the door.

"Come on. Don't get blood on the carpet." Roman told her as he let her in. Miranda took in the place, seeing the portrait of the lady of the house and Nadia. Roman handed her the phone as she called the tow company.

"Please, call me back as soon as you get this. So much for 24-hour towing." The girl said on the phone as Salvatore brought him a bandaid for her. She hung up the phone.

"It's almost daylight. I'm... I'm sure they'll call back soon." The girl stated while putting the phone on its charger, going back to nursing her head. The blood was now off from it. Roman walked near her while bringing the bandaid.

"Here, let me," Roman said as he put the bandaid on her temple.

"Thanks. Nice place." The girl told Roman.