Chapter 26: Happy Death Day

Kerrianne rushed back to Hemlock Grove, driving as fast as she could. Once she reached there, she drove to her home, stopping once seeing Roman's mother escalade outside Peter's house. The screams of her sad lover reached her ears as she quickly got out of the car and started walking down the stairs. Olivia stared at her as she smoked her cigarette, motioning her to go inside. Kerrianne quickly went in, as she saw Roman bawled up like a baby.

Kerrianne hurried to him as he cried mumbling "He's gone. He's gone." as she took him into her arms. She rubbed his head comforting him as he gripped her tight. Kerrianne was pissed off and soon Peter will know the consequences as she finally had enough.

"My poor baby. I'm here." She comforted him as she laid a kiss on his forehead. She finally calms him down enough to help him up before going outside. Olivia turned to look at them, watching with a slight smirk as she knew their bond was amazing.

"He's okay now. I'm not too far from your house. Just let me know." Kerrianne says as Roman's arm around her tightens, not wanting to let her leave. She left a fleeting kiss on his soft pillowy lips before leaving to go home. Roman watched her with sad eyes knowing that she was so angry. He could feel it. He wanted to go with her, but he decided to go home where he self-pitied himself as he wondered why this day was the worst.

Kerrianne had parked in her driveway, where the neighborhood looked like they were back to themselves. Kids playing in the streets as her next-door neighbor watered her plants. It was like an ordinary day. She got out of the car, waving to her neighbor before taking a deep breath and going in. She walked up her stairs going past the room that Luceria was killed in before going into her room. She dropped her bags before going to shower, Now wetting her hair to return it to its curly state. She scrubbed off the stink of death.

 She scrubbed off the stink of death

(Her pajamas)

She changed into her pajamas, where she went to the kitchen fixing her something to eat. Not knowing the trauma her mate was going to go through on his birthday.

Roman's Pov:

Roman laid on the lawn chair, listening to music in their empty pool. Hearing his mother's footsteps once she entered with a sparkler making him look up.

"Happy birthday, darling." Olivia says with a smile as she waved the sparkler around.

Roman stared at her, thinking what his bunny was doing right this minute as he blew smoke out his mouth. He played with his fingers, staring hard at the woman.

"I was wondering if I might ask you to join me in the attic." She says, still waving the sparkle.

Roman stared at her before leaning back, going for another smoke from his cigarette.

"Why?" He asked. He wanted to see his bunny so bad. To cuddle her and kiss her and touch her beautiful body.

"There's something I'd like to show you." Olivia said to him still waving the sparkler as Roman silently huffs before getting up from his seat to follow her to the attic. Once they met up into the attic, he stared at the black crib with candles around it.