Chapter 20

It has been two weeks since Roman was in a coma. Kerrianne's Aunt Rachel along with Sheila and Luceria came. Her aunt Rachel bowed before her which her friends followed. Sthe told them to get up but that was then this now. The girls talk while Rachel cooks breakfast.

"So, the only way you could become our Queen was to have intercourse with one of you mates." Luceria says.

"I guess so I'm still trying to find out why." Kerrianne spoke.

"Rachel said that by starting the bond between mates starts as a key of sorts. Mildred is inside of you so think of it as a car maybe." Shelia says snort at the end.

"Sheila!" Luceria exclaimed, hitting their brown-skinned friend as they laughed.

"What." Sheila shrugged.

"So, what are you calling my new body a car?" Kerrianne jokes.

"Yes. So, what about your other mate, the werewolf?" Luceria questioned.

"He slept with another girl." Kerrianne answered.

"That motherfucker!" Sheila yelled.

"What? I thought mates couldn't be with anybody else." Luceria mumbled.

"Different circumstances." Aunt Rachel spoke, almost scaring the girls.

"Mates are like souls meant to be. But when that connected mate sleeps with someone or falls in love with someone else. She could reject him, it'll hurt like hell, but Kerrianne is not going to do that. She has a big heart plus Mildred will be pissed if she doesn't have both." Rachel explained.

"What about Mildred's mates?" Sheila question.

It was almost like Kerrianne switched with Mildred.

"My lovers are alive, even if I am in Kerrianne's body, they have strict instructions to keep our kids safe until I call for them." Mildred's soft but raspy voice interrupted them. Her stance changed as she walked over to the seat by the window.

"They're still alive?" They questioned.

"Oh yes, they are. Even with this pathetic Vargulf on the loose, I will not call them." Mildred continued.

"How are you going to defeat it?" Luceria looking at the past queen that inhabited her friend.

"Oh bunny, That Vargulf is not going to know what hit it." Mildred 's siren eyes stared at Kerrianne's friend before the doorbell rang.

"Who's that?" Sheila questioned as Mildred rushed down the stairs opening the door to see Roman and Peter.

"Roman... You're up." Mildred smiled as the rest of Kerrianne's friends rushed down the steps to see what's going on.

"Hi Kerri." Roman smiled before Mildred/Kerrianne kissed him as the others watched. Peter watched longily as he wanted her to be happy to see him. Roman had to stop himself from picking up his mate. She pulled his lip with her teeth before stepping back.

"Come inside. There's breakfast on the table." Kerrianne now switched back. Peter rolled his eyes before following Roman who puckered his lips at him playfully. Roman walked behind his mate lightly patting her butt as she squealed.

"Roman."

"You owe me a thank you." Roman's husky voice whispered in her ear.

"Mmh later." Kerrianne says with a big smile.

Peter watched the two again, now upset as they both sat at the table. Sheila and Luceria shared a look. He wasn't taking to Kerrianne pretending he didn't exist lightly. But they could understand their friend. He slept and was probably in love with that girl. Peter coughed.

"Hey Kerrianne." Peter says.

"Hey Peter, how was the dinner at Letha's house last week?" Kerrianne stated.

"Well... um it was decent" Peter said as eyes watched him.

Luceria whispered to Sheila as they watched the two. They also saw Roman's reaction as he started smirking.

"She's so petty." Luceria whispers before she and Sheila laugh.

"I know right. But that piece of shit deserves it." Sheila responded as they looked back at the conversation.

"That's cool. Sorry I haven't introduced you guys to my family." Kerrianne says.

"That is my Aunt Rachel and these two are my best friends Luceria and Sheila." Kerrianne added as she finished the rest of her eggs.

"Nice meet you ladies." Roman spoke as the girls answered back.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." Peter whispers.

"Aww I believe doggy is in the doghouse." Sheila teased.

"A big one." Roman whispers as he drinks his orange juice as Kerrianne playfully hit him.

"Rome, Peter just has a lot of things to figure out. So why are you here?" Kerrianne stated.

"Tonight's the full moon, we're going to look for the Vargulf." Roman noted watching his mate's expression.

"Oh, I can't come. I have to do my thing tonight." Kerrianne said.

"Right, scared moon, right?" Peter commented.

"Right." Kerrianne nodded.

"Well thank you for the breakfast but we have to get ready." Peter added, standing up with Roman following. She followed them as she opened the door.

"Be careful, okay? I'll see you soon." Kerrianne pressed a kiss to Roman's cheek and surprisingly Peter's. letting it linger on before backing up before they walked out the door.

She shut the door breathing softly before walking back over to the table.

"Aunt Rachel, are you sure this is going to work?" Kerrianne questioned.

"Yes, that's the only way. With Mildred, she can use her mates' powers. Having that along with her knowledge as Queen. You need to do this, okay?" Rachel smiled.

Kerrianne nodded before walking away upstairs with Luceria and Sheila. When they were gone, Rachel leaned back on the table taking a deep breath.

"It's for her own good." Rachel whispered.