17 - hueningkai

a week later

i walked along the bridge with my hands in my pockets, feeling the cold breeze in my hair. i enjoy being alone, so i go on walks. bahiyyih often tells me i'm better off alone sometimes, and i can't help but agree.

if i'm not left alone sometimes, i can be very aggressive and hurt others' feelings. i had a feeling i was a bit rough on taehyun..he's allowed to go for any girl he wants. even if it upsets me!! i shouldn't get in the way of that. it was selfish of me, i know. but what else was i supposed to do? y/n's supposed to be mine. my girl. but who am i to get in the way of her and taehyun's perfect chemistry?

i laid my head on the rail as i looked at the beautiful river beneath me. this is my favorite spot to walk at, because nobody ever goes here. nobody know about this bridge except me and only the close friends i take here. it's so beautiful, and most of the time, when i come here, i'm alone. being alone is one of my favorite things. i took y/n here a couple days ago. she loved it.

i remember the mesmerizing way that she stared into my eyes and told me she understood why it was my favorite place. she had kissed my cheek. i haven't washed that side of my face ever since. being alone is my escape from reality. it helps, too. my phone chimed.

suddenly, i heard footsteps behind me

suddenly, i heard footsteps behind me. i turned around and scoffed.

taehyun:"y/n told me i'd find you here." he said quietly.

even after my second thoughts of being rude earlier, i sighed and looked at taehyun shivering continuously. i've always had a high tolerance for cold weather. in fact, i didn't even realize it was that cold out today!! in the summer? it's weird.

"can you please be a life ruiner somewhere where i'm not trying to find peace of mind?" i rolled my eyes.

taehyun:"kai, just please listen. i know why you're mad. you have every right to be mad. i just want you to know and be aware..i asked out y/n today and-"

"congrats." i retorted.

really?? he really had to come all the way up here just to rub it in my face that him and y/n are dating?? well this is great. just great. taehyun ruined everything, once again.

taehyun:"actually.."

he took a few steps closer to me. i put my arms in front of my face in defense. he moved closer and took my arms down from my face, looking me dead in the eyes.

taehyun:"she rejected me for you." he smiled with obvious sadness in his eyes, but he just wanted to make me happy.

my jaw dropped.

"so go get her, dumbass."

it makes me so sad that i'll be ending this story soon. sorry for the short chapter and short chapters written in the past. i can make them longer when i proofread or something like that. i have no inspiration right now, so that's why this is so itty bitty. love yall <3