Chapter 3

[KAIDEN'S POV]

I Was Standing On The Sideline's With My Dad Cheering On My Vicious Little Brother. I Had To Admit...MJ Was Beast At This Football Thing. Of Course He Learned It All From Me, And A Little From Dad.

"Kaiden!" I Heard That Familiar Voice Say. I Turned And Was Tackled By My Little Sister, Kinslee.

"Dang Girl! Calm Down!" I Said.

"Shut Up Boy! I Missed You!" She Said.

"We Seen Each Other Yesterday!" I Said.

"Soooo!" She Said. I Shook My Head And Continued To Focus On The Game.

"Are You Going Over Grandma's House Tonight?" She Asked.

"Yeah. Mom Is Dropping Me Off After The Game." I Said.

"Yay! My Mom Is Dropping Me Off Too! I'll See You Tonight Then!" She Said Running Off. She Was My Little Sis And All, But She Can Get Pretty Annoying! I Shook My Head And Glanced Over At My Two Little Sisters. Nevaeh Was Cheering Her Heart Out And Looked So Confident. Naomii Though....? Well...She Was Getting Fustrated. Oh Shit. I Walked Over To Where Mom Was Sitting With My Auntie's And Uncles.

"Look At You!" My Aunt Serenity Said.

"Hey Auntie." I Said Hugging Her; Along With My Auntie Aleeyah, Uncle X, Uncle Junior, And Uncle Nathan.

"You've Gotten Tall Boy! I Wouldn't Be Surprise If You And RJ Both Make The Team." Said My Uncle Junior. For Some Reason, My Uncle Was ALWAYS Comparing Me To His Oldest Son, And It Was Annoying.

"Mom...Naomii Is Starting To Get Fustrated And You Remember What Happened Last Time." I Said.

"Oh...Okay. Keep An Eye On Her. Here I Come." She Said. I Nodded And Joined My Dad Back On The Sidelines.

"They About To Pass The Ball To MJ." He Said.

"He Can Make A Clean Touchdown!" I Said. The Whistle Blew As The Players Took Off. The Ball Was Thrown To MJ Who Caught It And Started Taking Off. The Crowd Cheered As MJ Dived Through The Players And Made A Clean Touchdown! The Crowds Arose To Their Feet As They Cheered.

"That's My Boy!" My Dad Said.

               *************

When The Game Was Over, MJ Headed To The Team's Party, While The Twins Went To The Cheerleading Sleepover.

"Kaiden Did You Bring Your Overnight Bag With You?" My Mom Asked.

"Yeah I Got It." I Said. I Hugged My Aunties And Uncles And Ran Over To My Grandparents.

"We Expect To See You Next Weekend, Kaiden." My Granny Said.

"Yes Ma'am." I Said. She Kissed My Cheek And Headed Towards My Mom.

"See Ya Grandpops." I Said.

"I'll See You Later. Be Good. Don't Get Into Trouble." He Said.

"I Wouldn't Dream Of It." I Said. I Turned And Ran Towards The Car.

"Ready?" My Mom Asked. I Nodded.

"Buckle Your Sister In." Dad Said, Handing Me Aubree. I Nodded As I Grabbed Her And Sat Her In The Seat.

"No!" She Said.

"Yes." I Said. She Laughed As I Finished Buckling Her In. I Hopped In The Car And Laid My Head Back.

"Where We Going?" I Heard My Dad Say.

"We're Dropping Kaiden Off At His Grandmother's House." My Mom Said. For Some Reason, My Other Granny And My Momma Didn't Get Along. I Never Understood Why, But I Can Tell By The Way They Act Towards Each Other, That There Is Some Hatred There.

When We Pulled Up To Grandma's House, I Grabbed My Bags And Hopped Out The Car.

"I Love You. Be Good And I'll Call You When I'm Ready To Come Get You." Mom Said.

"I Love You Too Momma." I Said. I Kissed Her Cheek And Headed To The Door, But Before I Could Even Reach The Door, It Came Flying Open.

"Bout Time!" Kinslee Said. She Waved At My Folks As They Pulled Off.

"Grandma's Cooking! She's Making Meatloaf, Mac And Cheese, Turnip Greens, And Cornbread. I'm Starved!" She Said. We Walked Into The Kitchen Where My Granny Was.

"Hey Baby!" She Said Hugging Me.

"Hey Granny." I Said.

"How Are You?" She Asked.

"Good. Smells Good In Here." I Said.

"Of Course." She Said. She Glanced At Both Me And Kinslee And Teared Up.

"Grandma What's Wrong?" Kinslee Asked.

"You Two Look Just Like Your Father. I Wish He Was Still Alive To See How Much You Two Have Grown Up." She Said.

"He's Still With Us In Our Hearts Grandma. We Miss Him Too...Though...I Barely Remember Him." Kinslee Said.

"Me Too." I Said. She Sighed As We All Sat Down At The Table.

"He Was A Sweet Boy. He Loved You Both With Every Breath He Had In Him, And Kaiden....He Was Deeply In Love With Your Mother. Sure Their Relationship Was Rocky Before You Came Along, But Afterwards Everything Was Fine." She Said.

"What Exactly Happened To Our Dad?" Kinslee Asked.

"Well...He Was Murdered." She Said Holding Back Tears.

"Murdered?" Kinslee Said.

"By Who?" I Asked. She Shrugged.

"Nobody Knows. You Two Were Still Babies When It Happened, But I Always Had A Hunch On Who Did Kill My Son." She Said.

"Who?" I Said. She Sighed.

"Let's Not Go There. I Don't Wanna Start Anything." She Said.

"Grandma Who?" I Snapped.

"We Have The Right To Know Who Killed Our Daddy!" Kinslee Snapped.

"Well....Kaiden....I Think Your Step Father, Marvin, Killed Him." She Said. Kinslee Gasped While I Just Sat There.

"Just Hear Me Out. Your Dad And Mom Broke Up And Your Mom Started To Date Marvin. A Few Months Later, He Was Reported Dead And That's When Your Mother And Father Got Back Together. A Few Years Later, I Get Phone Call From Your Mother Telling Me She Found My Son Dead! Weeks Later She's Married To Marvin, Who Magically Reappears. That's No Coincidence!" She Said Crying. I Was Stunned. I Couldnt Even Believe What I Was Hearing. I Slowly Got Up From The Table....Replaying Everything My Grandma Had Just Said To Me.

"Kaiden...I..." My Grandma Began, But I Threw My Hand Up. I Didn't Wanna Hear Anymore Of What She Had To Say. I Stormed Out Of The Kitchen And Out Of The House.

"Kaiden!" I Heard Kinslee Scream, But I Didn't Look Back. I Needed Answers And I Was Going To Get Them!

(Kinslee In MM.)