Chapter 5

[MARVIN'S POV]

"Dad! You Have Go After Her! Please!" Kaiden Said. I Sighed.

"Your Mom Has Made Up Her Mind. I Can't Stop Her Now." I Said.

"But She'll Listen To You! She Always Listens To You!" He Said.

"She Don't Always Listen To Me. Your Momma Is Hardheaded. Besides....This Was Your Doing!" I Said.

"I Just Wanted The Truth! I Didn't Want Mom To Be Upset With Me." He Said.

"Well She Is. Now We Gotta Pray She Doesn't Go Overboard And Do Something Stupid." I Said.

               **************

An Hour And A Half Has Passed By And Kaidence Still Hasn't Made It Back Home. I Was Starting To Get Both Agitated And Worried. I Called Her Phone Over A Hundred Times, But She Refused To Answer The Phone.

"Fuck!" I Snapped. I Sighed And Decided To Give Her A Little More Time. I Scooped Aubree Up In My Arms And Headed To The Kitchen.

"You Hungry? Ready To Eat?" I Said.

"Eat Eat!" She Nodded.

"Yeah Eat Eat." I Said, Putting Her Into The High Chair. I Then Grabbed A Can Of Spagettios, Opened The Can, And Poured It Into A Bowl. I Popped The Bowl Into Microwave, And Began To Make Toast. I Then Heard The Door Open And Close, And I Stopped What I Was Doing And Hurried Into The Living Room. Kaidence Came Around The Corner And Stopped When She Saw Me.

"Baby Where Have You Been?" I Asked.

"After I Set That Bitch Straight, I Drove Around To Clear My Head For A Bit." She Said.

"Uhh Huh. Okay." I Said.

"Where's Aubree?" She Asked.

"In The Kitchen. We're About To Eat Some SpaghettiOs And Toast." I Said.

"Oh Okay. And Kaiden?" She Asked.

"Upstairs. He Was Acting Crazy When You Left. Maybe You Should Go Talk To Him." I Said.

"I'm Still Upset With Him." She Said.

"That's Understandable, But..." I Began, But She Cut Me Off.

"No Buts Marvin! He Crossed A Line With Me And Right Now I'm Not In The Mood To Argue About This. Go Finish Feeding Aubree." She Said. She Turned And Hurried Into The Bedroom. I Shook My Head As I Walked Back Into The Kitchen.

"Don't You Grow Up Acting Like Your Momma! I Can't Take It." I Said To Aubree. She Smiled And Covered Her Face. I Laughed As I Sat Her Bowl Down.

"Hot Daddy!" She Said.

"Blow It." I Said. She Started Blowing On It.

"Hot!" She Said.

"Yes Baby Its Hot." I Said. She Laughed And Continued To Blow On Her Food. After Me And Aubree Ate, I Gave Her A Bath And Let Her Sit In My Office With Me And Play With Her Toys.

"Dad?" Kaiden Said, Knocking On The Door.

"Yeah." I Said. He Came In And Stood By The Door.

"What's Up?" I Asked.

"Mom Won't Talk To Me. Did I Really Make Her That Mad?" He Asked. I Sighed.

"Come Sit Down Son." I Said. He Came And Sat Down In The Chair.

"Your Momma Is Very Sensitive. She's Went Through So Much With Your Dad. He's Hurt Her In So Many Ways Possible That Even The Love I Have For Her And That I Gave Her Can't Mend How Broken He Made Her." I Said.

"But Why Would He Do That? Mom Is The Best Woman Ever." I Said.

"Yeah She Is. You Were So Little When I First Started Dating Your Momma. I Think About One Or Two Years Old. You Were The Only Thing That Made Her Really Happy." I Said.

"Really?" He Said. I Nodded.

"Well...Grandma Said You Disappeared. Where'd You Go?" He Asked. I Knew At This Age, Kaiden Would Be Eager For Some Type Of Information, But I Didn't Think It Would Be About THIS!

"Well....I Was Involved In Some Really Messed Up Shit A Long Time Ago, And I Almost Lost My Life. I Was Robbed, Shot, And Stuffed In A Trunk." I Said. His Eyes Were Wide. Maybe I Shouldn't Be Telling Him This, But It Was Too Late.

"Oh My God." He Said.

"Yep. I Shouldn't Be Here Right Now. I Should Be Dead And Gone, But God Realized That I Had A Special Purpose On This Earth; And That Purpose Was To Make You And Your Mom Happy." I Said.

"Well....How Did You End Up Getting Mom Back? Grandma Said She And My Real Dad Got Back Together." He Said.

"They Did. After Three Years Of Recovering And Getting Better, I Came Back To See Her. You Both Were Living With Your Real Dad And I Just Popped Up On Her. We Talked And During Our Conversation, We Realized How Much We Missed Each Other And Y'all Ended Up Leaving With Me. Sounds Shady, But Your Mother Wasn't Happy With Him." I Said.

"Oh. Did He Really Hit Her?" He Asked.

"Numerous Times. He Almost Hit Her In Front Of Me Once, But Everybody Knew I Wasn't Gon Let That Happen." I Said.

"Oh Wow. Well...I'm Glad You Took Mom From Him. And I'm Glad I Grew Up With You As My Dad And Not Him." He Said. That Actually Made Me Feel Good.

"Preciate That Son." I Said. He Smiled And Stood Up.

"Can You Tell Her I'm Sorry And That I Love Her?" He Said. I Nodded.

"Yeah I'll Tell Her." I Said. He Nodded And Walked Out Of My Office. I Sighed.

"He Such A Good Kid." I Said. I Shook My Head And Stood Up.

"Aight Baby Girl. Time For Bed." I Said.