Chapter 27

[KAIDEN'S POV]

I Was On The Couch Doing My Homework While Aubree Was Beside Me Drinking Her Juice And Watching Cartoons.

"Red We're Home." I Heard My Dad Say.

"Daddy!" Aubree Squealed As She Slid Off The Couch.

"Hey Big Girl!" He Said, Picking Her Up.

"Hey Son. Where'd Your Mom Go?" He Asked. I Shrugged.

"I Don't Know. Her And Mia Left Like Twenty Minutes Ago And She Didn't Say Where They Were Going. She Just Told Me To Watch Aubree And Not To Ask Questions." I Said.

"Aw Hell. Wonder What They're Up To." He Said.

"Right." I Said.

"Oh Well. Better Get Dinner Started." He Said, Walking Into The Kitchen. MJ And The Twins Joined Me In The Living Room And Started On Their Homework.

"Kaiden Can You Help Me With My Spelling Words? We Have A Test Tomorrow." Nevaeh Said. I Nodded.

"Me Too." Naomii Said.

"I Got Y'all." I Said. I Heard The Door Open And Close, And Saw My Mom And Mia.

"Hey Momma!" MJ Said.

"Hey Mom." The Twins Said.

"Hey Loves. How Was School?" She Asked.

"Long!" Naomii Said.

"Boring!" MJ Said.

"Long AND Boring!" Nevaeh Said. She Laughed.

"Y'all Are Silly." She Said. I Glanced At Mia And She Looked Sick.

"Umm....Kaiden Can We Go Talk?" She Asked. I Nodded. We Headed Upstairs To My Room.

"You Feel Better?" I Asked As I Closed The Door.

"Sort Of." She Said.

"So What's Up?" I Asked. She Sighed.

"The Reason I Been So Upset And Moody Is Because...I Thought I Was Pregnant." She Said. I Froze. What The Fuck!

"Wow...Well...Um...Are You?" I Asked. She Stared At Me And Then The Floor.

"No. The Test Was Negative." She Said. I Sighed As I Slammed My Back Against The Wall.

"That's Good." I Said.

"Yeah. Your Mom Said That Since I Was Stressing About This That It Caused My Period To Be Late." She Said.

"So Why Didn't You Just Tell Me About This Pregnancy Scare? Now My Mom Knows We've Been Having Unprotected Sex!" I Snapped.

"I Wanted To Be Sure First! Why Are Mad?" I Asked.

"Because I Should Have Been The One To Take You To Get A Test! Not My Mom." I Said.

"Well...I'm Sorry." She Said.

"Yeah I'm Sure You Are!" I Said. I Walked Out Of My Bedroom, Slamming The Door Behind Me. I Was Beyond Pissed Off. How Could She Tell My Mom Before Me? What If She Was Pregnant? Would I Be The Last To Know? I Bet I Would Be!

"Kaiden! Come Back And Talk To Me!" Mia Said.

"I Need Time Alone." I Said, Walking Out To The Back Porch.

"You're Making Too Much Of A Big Deal Out Of This! We Dodged A Bullet, I'm Not Pregnant; SO What's The Big Deal?" She Said.

"What If You Were Pregnant? Then What? Would I Have Been The Last Person To Know?" I Said.

"Of Course Not! You Know I Would Have Told You First!" She Said.

"Can I Please Be Alone." I Said. She Sighed And Went Back In The House. I Let Out A Loud Sigh As I Started Shooting Hoops. Man...I Really Need To Take A Chill Pill.

                    ************

During Dinner, Mia Refused To Come Down To Eat.

"What's Wrong With Mia?" Naomii Asked.

"She's Not Feeling Good." I Lied.

"What's Wrong With Her?" She Asked. I Shrugged.

"I'm Sure You Know." My Mom Said.

"I Don't, But Anyways...Who's All Coming To Aubree's Birthday Party?" I Asked.

"Mainly Just Family. Your Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, And Grandparents." She Said.

"Do You Know How Many Cousins We Have? A Bunch!" MJ Said.

"He Has A Point." I Said.

"Y'all Haven't Seen Y'all Cousins In Awhile. It'll Be Fun." She Said.

"If You Say So, But If Junior Trys To Compete With Me At Anything....Ima Punch Him." I Said.

"Hey Now! There Will Be NO Fighting! This Is Going To Be A Fun Birthday Party For Aubree. Understood? That Goes For All Of You." Dad Said.

"Um We're The Good Kids! Kaiden And MJ Are The Bad Kids." Nevaeh Said.

"I'm Not Bad!" MJ Said.

"Bad!" Aubree Said. I Shook My Head.

"I'm Done Eating. Can I Be Excused?" I Asked.

"Yeah, But Go Talk To Her And Make Her Eat." My Mom Said. I Nodded And Headed To My Room. When I Walked In, I Saw Mia Laying In Bed. I Crawled In Bed Next To Her And Pulled Her Towards Me.

"I'm Sorry." I Said.

"It's Cool." She Said.

"Not It's Not. My Reaction Was Out Of Line And I'm Sorry." I Said.

"It's Fine Kaiden. Just Let It Go." She Said. I Sighed.

"Fine." I Said.

"I'm Leaving." She Said.

"Leaving? Where Are You Going?" I Asked.

"Back Home. We Need Time Apart." She Said. Wow I Can't Believe What I'm Hearing.

"Fine." I Said. I Got Up And Stormed Out Of The Bedroom. I Really Can't Believe My Life Right Now! This Is Bullshit!