Chapter 12

[MARVIN'S POV]

Ever Since Last Night's Shoot Out, I've Been Paranoid. This Morning, After Everyone Was Gone, I Checked The Surveillance Cameras To Make Sure Nothing Strange Was Going On. Everything Seemed Normal Besides Me Seeing Kaiden Sneak Out And Sneak Back In. That Boy Is Something Else.

After I Checked The Cameras, I Woke Aubree Up, Got Her Fed, And Put Her Clothes On. I Then Sat Her In Our Bed And Let Her Watch Dora The Explorer While I Took A Quick Shower And Got Dressed. When I Was Fully Dressed, I Packed Up Aubree's Diaper Bag, Grabbed Her, And Headed Out The Door. I Checked My Surroundings As I Buckled Her In, And Hopped In The Car. So Far So Good. I Pulled Up In Kevin's Driveway And Saw Him Sitting On The Porch While His Daughter, Kamiah, Was Playing In The Yard. I Hopped Out The Car And Grabbed Aubree.

"Come On Fatty." I Said. I Kissed Her Cheek And Sat Her Down In The Yard.

"What's Up Nigga." Kevin Said.

"Not Shit." I Said Sitting Down.

"I'm Still Pissed About Last Night! That Nigga Could've Killed Us!" He Snapped.

"Man I Know! And Now....It's On. We're At War Nigga." I Said.

"This Shit Is Crazy. And Last Night....I Was Shook Up Forreal. I'm Glad Mel Was Sleep Cause I Can't Lie To That Girl Worth Shit!" He Said.

"Cause She Got That Ass On A Leash!" I Said. He Laughed.

"Nahh. She Just The Love Of My Life. And Your Ass Is The One On The Leash! Kaidence Got Your Ass On Lockdown!" He Said.

"Hell Naw! I'm The King And I Run Everything. She's The Queen And She Takes Care Of The Castle And The Kids." I Said. He Laughed.

"I Hear Ya Man." He Said.

"Where's Rich?" I Asked.

"Man I Don't Even Know. He Went Home Last Night And I Ain't Heard From Him Since Then." He Said. I Shook My Head.

"Knowing Him, He Probably Still Sleep." I Said.

"He Needa Wake His Ass Up And Bring His Ass Over Here." He Said.

"You Know That Ain't Gon Happen." I Murmured. I Put My Head In My Hands And Sighed.

"Aye Man Look!" Kevin Said. I Looked Up And Saw The Same Unmarked Car From Last Night Creeping Down The Street.

"Shit! Aubree!" I Screamed. I Hurried Towards The Yard And Grabbed Both Aubree And Kamiah.

"They Got Guns!" Kevin Said. I Ran Towards The Backyard As I Heard The Gunshots Fire. I Fell To The Ground And Kept Both The Girls Covered Until The Shots Stopped. I Then Got Up And Ran To The Back Door As Kevin Let Me In. He Grabbed Kamiah And Examined Her As I Did The Same To Aubree.

"You Okay Baby?" I Asked. She Just Cried. I Hugged Her Tight.

"Daddy Is So Sorry." I Said.

"This Shit Has Went Too Far!" Kevin Snapped.

"I Know. He Could've Shot Us Or Worse!" I Said.

"He Coulda Shot Our Damn Babies! Fuck That! Ima Settle This Shit Personally!" He Said. His Yelling Made Both Aubree And Kamiah Cry Harder.

"Calm Down Man." I Said. I Pulled My Phone Out And Called Rich.

"Yo." He Answered.

"Where You At?" I Asked.

"Home. What's Up?" He Asked.

"Vic Done Crossed The Fucking Line! He Done Shot Up Kev House While Our Baby Girls Were In The Yard!" I Snapped.

"What? Aw Hell Naw! Who I Need To Kill?" He Snapped.

"Nobody. Just Tell Vic's People That I'll Be In Touch." I Said.

I Hung Up And Looked Out The Window.

"We Need To Let Our Wives Know What's Going On Before Some More Crazy Shit Happen!" He Said.

"You Can Tell Mel, But I'm Not Telling Kaidence. She Worries Too Much!" I Said.

"Dude...You Need To Tell Her! Vic Done Went To Far Today And Now Who Knows What He Gon Do Next." He Said. I Knew He Was Right, But Fuck! I Didn't Want To Tell Her.

"Okay Man. I'll Tell Her Tonight." I Said.

"Man Fuck That! You Gon Tell Her Ass Now! Call Her!" He Snapped.

"She Is At Work Man! And You Should Know As Well As I Do, Not To Fuck With Our Wives While They're At Work." I Snapped. He Paused.

"Shit You're Right. But You Needa Tell Her.....TONIGHT!" He Said.

"Okay. Okay. Ima Tell Her Nigga Damn!" I Said. I Picked Aubree Up And Peeked Through The Blinds.

"Ima Head Home. Be Safe Man." I Said. I Quickly Made My Way To The Car, And Buckled Aubree In.

"We're Not Gonna Tell Your Momma About This Baby Girl. Okay? This Is Between Me And You." I Said.

"Kay Daddy!" She Said.