Chapter 38

[KAIDENCE'S POV]

"What's Wrong?" I Asked.

"Somebody Has Took The Girls, And I Think It Was...My Real Dad." He Said. My Heart Stopped. This Just Can't Be Happening!

"How Long Have They Been Gone?" I Asked.

"I Don't Know. Our Movies Were Over At The Same Time And I Waited For Them, But They Never Came Out. I Went To The Ticket Booth And She Said She Saw Them Walking Out With A Man And On The Surveillance Cameras That Man Looked Like My Real Dad!" He Said.

"Okay We're On The Way." I Said. I Hung Up And Quickly Hurried Upstairs.

"Somebody Took The Girls!" I Said, Running Into Marvin's Office.

"What? How?" He Said.

"I Don't Know, But Kaiden Said They Left With A Man And That Man Was Preston!" I Said.

"Preston? Red That Fool Is Dead." He Said.

"Do You Think I Don't Know That? Kaiden Said The Surveillance Cameras Saw A Man Walking Out With The Girls And That He Looked Like Preston!" I Said.

"Get The Kids And Load Them In The Car." He Said. I Nodded. I Hurried Into MJ's Room And Woke Him Up.

"MJ....I Need You To Put On Your Jacket And House Shoes And Come Downstairs. Right Now." I Said. He Wiped His Eyes And Slowly Got Up.

"Come On Big Boy." I Said. I Helped Him Out Of Bed, Slid On His House Shoes, And His Jacket.

"Go Downstairs With Daddy. Here I Come." I Said. I Then Went To Aubree's Room, Grabbed Her Jacket And Put It On Her. I Picked Her Up And Hurried Downstairs.

"Where We Going Mommy?" MJ Asked.

"Going To Check On Your Brother." I Said. I Headed To The Car, Buckled Aubree In, And Helped MJ In The Car.

"Put Your Seat Belt On." I Said. He Nodded As I Hopped In The Car.

Moments Later, Marvin Fled Outside. He Hopped In The Car And Without Warning, He Sped Out Of The Driveway And Down The Street.

"Marvin Slow Down! The Kids Are In The Car Too." I Said. He Ignored Me As He Turned A Sharp Corner, Causing The Tires To Screech.

"MARVIN!" I Snapped.

"WHAT!" He Said.

"Slow Down!" I Said. He Slowed Down And Sighed. I Know He Was Worried, But Reckless Driving Would Get Him Nowhere. When We Pulled Up To The Movies, Me And Marvin Immediately Hopped Out Of The Car.

"We'll Be Right Back. Stay Put." I Said To MJ. We Hurried Inside And Ran Towards Kaiden.

"Mom!" He Said.

"So What Happened?" Marvin Snapped.

"Check The Surveillance Cameras!" Kaiden Said.

"Mia Can You Go Sit In The Car With Aubree And MJ?" I Asked.

"Yeah. Sure." She Said. She Hurried To The Car While Kaiden Hugged Me.

"Please Don't Be Mad. I'm Really Sorry." He Said.

"I'm Not Mad. I'm Just Scared." I Said.

"Red! Look!" Marvin Said. I Glanced At The Survelliance Camera And Gasped. Was That Preston? It Can't Be! Preston Is Dead And Gone!

"Do You Know Him?" The Police Asked. I Squinted As I Took Another Look At The Man.

"That's A Woman!" I Said.

"What?" Marvin Said.

"That's Preston's Mom! She Just Has Her Hair Wrapped Up With This Hat And Trench Coat On!" I Said.

"Are You Sure That's Grandma?" Kaiden Asked.

"I Know That Spineless Woman From Anywhere!" I Snapped.

"Let's Go Then! Kaiden Take Mia Home And Get Home." Marvin Said.

"I Wanna Go!" Kaiden Said.

"Just Follow Us." I Said. Marvin Was About To Say Something, But Didn't. I Gave The Police The Address And Hurried Out The Door.

"Please Hurry Babe." I Said As I Hopped In The Car. Mia Quickly Ran To The Car And Hopped In With Kaiden. Marvin Fled Out Of The Parking Lot, With Kaiden And The Police Following Close Behind.

               **************

I Didn't Even Give Marvin A Chance To Stop The Car As I Jumped Out And Ran To The Door. I Beat On The Door And Rang The Doorbell As If My Life Depended On It. When She Opened The Door, I Burst Right Into Her House.

"Where Are My Kids?!" I Snapped.

"What Are You Talking About?" She Said.

"Paula Don't Play With Me! Where Are My Kids!?" I Snapped. Marvin, Kaiden, And Mia Ran Into The House And Stopped.

"What Is Going On?!" She Asked.

"Grandma Why Did You Take My Sisters?" Kaiden Asked.

"And Where The Hell Are They?" Marvin Snapped.

"I Really Have No Clue What You're Talking About." She Said. I Scratched My Head In Fustration.

"My Twin Girls Are Missing And YOU Have Them! You Took Them From The Movies And I Want To Know Where They Are! Now....We Can Do This Your Way; Which Is The Christian Way. OR....We Can Do This My Way; Which Is The Im Bianca And Roman's Daughter And I Will Beat A Bitches Ass Over My Kids Way! Take Your Pick." I Snapped.

"Everybody Calm Down. We'll Take It From Here." Said The Policeman. I Didn't Move A Muscle As I Stared Her Down.

"I'd Like You To Remove These People From My House!" She Said. I Rolled My Sleeves Up.

"I'm Not Leaving Without My Kids, So Either You Give Me My Kids Or Take This Beat Down." I Said.

"Mom You Can't! You're Pregnant!" Kaiden Said.

"Everybody Calm Down! I'm Going To Have To Ask Y'all To Leave!" The Policeman Snapped.

"Come On Red." Marvin Said. I Stormed Passed Everybody And Headed Outside. I Just Couldn't Believe What Was Going On In My Life! I Fell To The Ground And Burst Out Crying.

"Red!" Marvin Said.

"Move! Leave Me Alone!" I Snapped. For The First Time In 32 Years...I Felt Like This Was It. I've Offically Reached My Breaking Point.