Chapter 35

[MARVIN'S POV]

3 Weeks Later...

Its Been A Month Since Everything Happened, And I Am Going Crazy. I Haven't Seen Or Spoken To My Kids At All, Besides Kaiden. He Really Dislikes Me At The Moment, And Is Only Telling Me About The Kids. *Sigh* He Is So Stubborn. I Been Staying At Kevin's House For The Last Month, And Seeing Him Interact With His Kids Makes Me Really Miss Home.

"So Are You Gonna Go Over There And Get Your Family Back?" Melanie Asked. I Sighed.

"She Won't Talk To Me, But I Guess I Can Try." I Said.

"You Know...You Brought This On Yourself! But Kaidence Loves You And You Need To Do Whatever You Can To Get Back On Her Good Side." She Said.

"Yeah...You're Right." I Said.

"Por supuesto tengo razón tonto!" She Mumbled In Spanish.

"Baby Be Nice. He's Going Through It!" Kevin Said.

"What She Say?" I Asked.

"I Don't Know, But Fool Was At The End Of The Sentence." He Said. I Shook My Head.

"Well...Thanks For Letting Me Stay. I'm About To Go See If I Can Make This Right." I Said.

"No Problem Man. We Family. Just Call Me And Let Me Know What's Up." He Said.

"Aight I Will." I Said.

                 **************

I Sighed As I Pulled Into The Familiar Driveway. I Got Out The Car, And Slowly Made My Way To The Door.

"Here Goes Nothing." I Said As I Unlocked The Door, And Walked Into The House.

"Daddy's Home." I Called Out, And Before I Knew It, I Heard A Stampede Coming Towards Me.

"Dad's Home!" MJ Said. He Ran And Jumped Into My Arms.

"Hey Son." I Said.

"I Missed You!" He Said.

"Daddy!" Nevaeh Squealed. Her And Naomii Both Attacked Me With Hugs And Kisses.

"Are You Coming Back Home?" Naomii Asked.

"I Don't Know Yet. Where's Your Mom?" I Asked.

"In Her Room Taking A Nap." MJ Said.

"Okay. Y'all Go Play...I'm Gonna Go Talk To Her." I Said. They Nodded And Ran Off, While I Walked Into The Bedroom. Kaidence And Aubree Were Both In Bed Watching TV.

"Daddy!" Aubree Cheered As She Stood Up.

"Hey Baby Girl!" I Said Kissing Her. She Hugged Me Tight And Rested Her Head On My Shoulder. Oh Lord. I Won't Be Putting Her Down No Time Soon. I Sat On The Bed And Started At Kaidence.

"Hey Kaidence." I Said.

"Marvin." She Said.

"Can We Talk?" I Said. She Shrugged. I Sat Aubree Down.

"Go Play With Your Toys." I Said.

"No!" She Whined.

"Aubree." I Warned. She Pouted And Ran Out The Room. I Closed And Locked The Door, And Turned Towards Kaidence.

"I Know You're Mad At Me, And I'm Sorry. You Have Every Right To Be Mad, But Baby I Miss You. I Miss The Kids...I Miss Our Family." I Said. Her Face Was Unreadable As She Stared Ahead.

"Say Something." I Said.

"What Do You Want Me To Say? I Forgive You? Cause I Don't!" She Said.

"Well Tell Me What You Want Me To Do. Baby Them Texts Ment Nothing To Me!" I Said.

"Okay But You're Giving Her The Satisfaction That MAYBE Y'all Will Get Back Together! I Mean Really Marvin!" She Snapped.

"I Was Just Letting Her Know That If She Wouldn't Have Been Trippin Than She Would Have Been Here With Me Instead Of You. Red I Love You And Ain't Nobody Gon Change That. If You Want Honesty Than I'll Give It To You. I Had Always Had An Eye For You When We Was Younger. You Were So Beautiful, But You Looked So Miserable. The Same Day Mercedes And I Ended Things, Was The Same Day I Pulled Up On You At Your House. You Had Your Guard Up Then, And Even After We Had Our First Time At Ricky's Hotel Party, You Still Had Your Guard Up. The Night I Disappeared Was The Day You Let Your Guard Down." I Said. Her Face Was Burning Red, But She Didn't Say Anything.

"Kaidence The Night I Came Back Who Did I Come Back For?" I Asked. She Opened Her Mouth To Say Something, But Closed It.

"I Came Back For You. And Just To Prove I Love You..." I Said, Walking To The Door.

"Kids! Somebody Get Kaiden And Y'all Come In Here." I Said. I Waited Until All The Kids Were In The Room Before I Finished What I Had To Say.

"What's Going On?" Kaiden Asked.

"Please Tell Me Y'all Aint Getting Divorced!" Naomii Said.

"What's That?" MJ Said.

"Y'all Calm Down. No We're Not Getting Divorced." I Said. I Pulled Kaidence Out Of Bed And Stood Before Her.

"Baby...I Love You. And I Love This Beautiful Family We've Created. I Am So Sorry For Hurting You And That Isn't What I'm Trying To Do. So I Say This....In Front Of Our Kids..." I Began, Dropping Down To One Knee.

"Kaidence Amaarí Smith. Will You Marry Me...Again?" I Said.