Hope In Haze

"Dream, light, perception, sight and vision are what you need to see the truth."

The question reverberated through the room. "How many maids have we eliminated this week?"

"Only a few brave women have managed to withstand the ordeal, as the vast majority have perished, their lifeless bodies reduced to mere skeletons within the depths of the dungeon, we will see if we need new maids so that their numbers don't decrease any further."

"And what about the men we have dispatched?" Bela inquired, prompting a response from Cassandra.

"Over the years that have stretched before us, we have overcome more than a thousand souls, and he shall be one among them." Cassandra replied.

"No, he belongs to me, and it's I who will determine his fate." Daniela retorted coldly. "This time, let us change our course, instead of adding him to the tally of fallen victims, I will make him a servant, joining the ranks of the other maids, having male servants, like we did in our previous lives, will bring a refreshing change."

"What if he tries to escape or causes harm to one of us?" Bela interjected, with Cassandra following suit.

"We have witnessed such incidents before, especially with the male servants of the castle who often displayed more aggression compared to their female counterparts." Cassandra cautioned.

"Well, if this young man dares to defy us, he shall face the consequences, for now, if he remains obedient, he will be rewarded, but should he deviate from his path, my wrath shall be unleashed, I can assume many roles, but 'nice' is certainly not one of them." Daniela declared, running her fingers through her wet hair as she got up from the bed.

Bela admired her sister's appearance and remarked. "Your hair takes on a radiant shade of red when damp, accentuating your already fair complexion."

"Yes, it enhances the purity of your delicate skin." Cassandra chimed in from behind Bela.

"Thank you my dear sisters, I'm well aware of my own beauty." Daniela acknowledged with a playful raise of her eyebrows.

A memory resurfaced as Bela reminisced. "I still remember the day when you bathed and washed your hair, only to have a maid accidentally open the window amidst the biting cold."

"Hell Cass, let's not dwell on the terrible actions of that woman, she deserved punishment, but let's entertain thoughts of violence another time."

Bela's voice shifted from a serious tone to an emotional one. "Perhaps we were too hard on each other, unaware that our vulnerability lies in our sensitivity from the cold."

"We need to control our emotions and be cautious, if our adversaries discover our weakness, they may exploit it." Daniela responded, adding. "I will hide our vulnerability from him, as my instincts tell me to be cautious."

"Don't allow yourself to become too attached to him, I sense your attraction, like a worm inching upwards, consuming your thoughts." Cassandra mimicked the movement with a long necklace wrapped around her hand.

With a sigh, Daniela continued. "Not even my necklaces are spared, remember the last one, a precious keepsake from mother? it vanished because of you."

"I apologize, let us leave your room now so that you can find solace in solitude, allowing yourself to relax and unwind." Cassandra expressed.

"Oh no, wait with me until he arrives." Daniela interjected.

"Before that happens, did mother approve of your plan?" Bela inquired.