Family Frolic

"You're a long-time friend, and while it might not be the kindest thing to say, I've consistently been there for you, even when I found myself alone, I chose solitude over being with the wrong person, nonetheless, I continue to stay in touch with you, despite occasional challenges in coordinating our meetings, this signifies that you are the right person, as I haven't pursued any serious relationships except with you."

"Friends may occasionally have differences and go through short or long periods of separation, but they never forget, and they never betray, humans such as yourself, they just don't do that." She pressed on with her words, fueled by fervor. "You didn't betray me, but you neglected our connection, if a man can go on living for seven months without me crossing his thoughts, it indicates that I'm no longer part of his interests, I must remove you from my life, no matter how beautiful our memories may be."

"Your threats are shockingly explicit!"

"I hesitated and found it hard to believe that you genuinely forgot about me."

"If I were to tell you that I trust a woman who refused to answer my calls outside the castle for fear of exposing her secret to her family for seven months, and I haven't seen her in a year, wouldn't you consider me naive?"

"Believing in loyalty, in my view, isn't foolishness, it's a beautiful facet of our connection."

"And you were merely gauging my response with your playful threat."

"At times, there are personal reasons that lead people to keep their affairs more private, and it doesn't imply a lack of trust, so I refrained from answering your calls, fearing that it could potentially harm you due to my family's situation."

"I truly respect your desire for discretion and the distinct situation you find yourself in."

"I also admire the choices you've made, and I value the trust we share that is rooted in meaningful and personal motivations, leading us to meet sporadically, yet always at moments that align for both of us."

"Well." He smirks. "A year seems excessive for a simple cheek-kiss, doesn't it?"

Bela counters with a playful glint in her eye. "You're spot on, but we can certainly remedy that."

They pressed kisses to each other's cheeks, their laughter ringing out amidst smiles and joy.

"That's better, it's like no time has passed at all." A soft sigh escaped Bela's lips as her fingertips brushed her cheek.

"Indeed, and I promise we won't let so much time go by before our next reunion." Drawing nearer, he closed the distance between them, lifting the hood from her head, though not entirely revealing her, he bestowed a delicate kiss upon her forehead and lovingly threaded his fingers through her golden tresses, culminating in a smile tinged with bittersweet regret.

"You know, it was a little thing called longing that led me straight to you, and I've been waiting for you to say you missed me."

"Can I confess?" Bela's voice held a soothing quality as her words flowed tenderly. "What brought me to you was nothing but longing, if only you knew how difficult it was for me to come to you, I've exhausted my patience and silence for this moment."

"I've always eagerly anticipated your arrival, unburdened by any fear of harm."

"Just so you know, I promise I will never hurt you, Adrian."

After uttering her sentence, Bela fell silent, while he carried on speaking, she became deeply engrossed in listening to him, her eyes scrutinizing his hands with a keen gaze, and her inner thoughts raising numerous questions.