Ties That Remain

"Are you unaware of the fundamental principle of the law of life? human destiny is shaped solely by a series of stupid choices, nothing more."

"I am not a helpless victim, Lady Daniela!" The maid's voice trembling as she tried to summon courage.

"I'm amazed at your audacity in facing the demon tasked with ending your life today."

Daniela strolled leisurely toward her, relishing the moment, while the maid retreated in the opposite direction, seeking refuge behind a wall, Daniela's loud laughter echoed in the distance.

"Don't worry, it's just a bit eccentric, especially since you'll be my inaugural experiment." Daniela's voice let out a sly, cunning chuckle.

The maid felt an impending danger as those words repeated in her mind. “You'll be my inaugural experiment.”

She desperately wished she could reach the stairs and ascend to the upper floor, where the maids' quarters were located, there, she could secure herself and devise an escape plan, yet merely placing her foot at the dungeon's exit seemed nearly impossible, Daniela's voice drew closer, as if she had a keen sense of the maid's whereabouts and was deliberately savoring each slow step and movement, relishing the hunt for her prey.

The maid hurried to another corner in an attempt to escape the approaching voice, then held her breath, fearing what she might see next, to her terror, the area was bathed in crimson, with strange, blood-red letters adorning the ceiling and walls, before she could comprehend further, she sensed a presence behind her and heard an enraged voice uttering incomprehensible words.

"These are my moments of joy, contrasted with your wretched ones!" Daniela revealed a long, menacing tool and gazed at the maid with a sinister grin. "It's time for some amusement, sisters!"

The maid found herself immobilized by a swarm of flies that buzzed around her, Bela firmly grasped her right hand, while Cassandra held her left, both exerting control over her body, they forced her to collide with the wall, leaving her rigid and upright, while Daniela approached with the tool in hand.

"Just a bit of enjoyment, and I'll put it to use." Daniela remarked, bringing the menacing tool closer to the maid's sweat-soaked face, tension was mounting, and anger surged within her, prompting her to exclaim.

"Who do you think you are, doing this?!"

"A defiant maid in the wrong company!" Daniela forcefully pressed her palm against the maid's face, while her other hand gripped the tool and brought it to the maid's cheek, then up towards her eye area to extract the blood that had stained her skin, but the maid remained utterly powerless, unable to make even the slightest gesture to halt Daniela's actions, she trembled uncontrollably, shaking her head vigorously while her cries grew louder in response to Daniela's relentless inquiries.

"Where is my son, you wretch?!"

"Please, enough, enough!" The maid pleaded, her cheek now marred by blackened blood and tears streaming down her face.

Daniela turned away from her with a triumphant grin, while her sisters chuckled at the maid, who took a few moments of respite from the pain to gather her strength.

"I won't deceive you, he did tell me where he went, but why should I reveal it to you?"

Daniela grew louder and more agitated. "Darn you! you're so freaking mean and stupid! why the hell won't you respond to me?"

The maid remained composed yet nervous. "Lady Daniela, there's no need to be so anxious."

"How dare you say that? he's my son and he has every right to be here, where is he?!" Daniela demanded.