Swept Away

"My eyes are the ones that beheld you, so why does my heart tremble so? yet I strive to conceal this emotion, as if holding a scorching ember in my hand and pretending it to be an icy, frost-kissed cube."

In the early morning, as the sound of your phone alarm jolted you awake, you reached out from under the covers to silence it, sharing a room with the maid, you exchanged friendly banter and laughter before going about your respective tasks, as you made your way to the kitchen, you were met with Bela and Cassandra embroiled in yet another argument.

"We're running low on meat, we have plenty of vegetables, fruits and blood, but we need you to use your hunting skills to bring in enough meat." Bela complained.

"I have so much to do, why can't someone else take care of it?" Cassandra retorted, her face creased with a frown.

"Like you've got a rocket project to work on." Bela sneered mockingly.

"Enough with the sarcasm, why don't we have him do it?" Cassandra pointed at you.

"M-me? but do you even want animal meat?" You hesitated.

"We wouldn't mind if it were human flesh." Cassandra said, a sinister smile stretching across her face.

"You can head to the forest near the castle, not too far away." Bela suggested.

"I know, it's the same forest I've been to before." You replied.

"Good to know you're familiar without us having to explain further, just make your way towards the woods and hunt whatever you come across, if you encounter anyone from the nearby village, kill them and bring them back to us." Cassandra ordered.

You opened your mouth to respond, but Bela's piercing gaze silenced you. "Obey little one! remember, you're the servant here, so don't forget your place."

"I understand, but I won't go alone, I've been injured there before, and it's only natural for me to be afraid of a similar incident happening again, besides, I'm not a murderer, I'll only bring back animals, not human victims." You asserted.

"Fine, but if we're not pleased with your meat, then we'll have you on our menu instead." Bela threatened, her sickle grazing your neck.

"There's no need for such possibilities, Lady Bela, I know how to bring back meat that will meet all your expectations, just one question, who will accompany me?" You asked.

Cassandra spoke up. "Sislet! come here!"

Suddenly, a swarm of flies appeared, and Daniela emerged, holding a book in her hand, as she looked over all of you.

"You'll accompany him to hunt in the woods until we secure enough meat, which is becoming scarce in our supplies. stick with them and make sure they don't run off." Cassandra instructed.

"You can rely on me for this task that's suited to my abilities." Daniela said with a smile, winking at you and gesturing for you to move forward. "Go ahead, and I'll be right behind you."

"At your command."

You embarked on a walk together, strolling until Daniela suddenly halted, grasping your hand and propelling you forward at lightning speed, swiftly arriving at your intended destination.

"You move incredibly fast." You observed in awe.

"This beats enduring the long trek on foot." As she nestled next to a tree, immersing herself in her book, she couldn't ignore the discomfort brought by the fluctuating air temperature, adjusting her position, she laid back and experienced the gentle, invigorating coolness of the grass against her skin, taking a moment, she lifted the hem of her black dress, unveiling her long white legs, meeting your gaze, you swiftly recognized your purpose, redirecting your focus to the imminent task, slicing through the depths of the forest