Concealing Joy, Nursing Heartache

At three in the morning... the dawn is still distant.

At three fifteen in the morning... the morning remains a long way off.

At three thirty in the morning... the break of day is still far away.

It's been two hours already...

And a growing sense of panic washed over me as I realized the creeping boredom, when the clock struck five in the morning, I had exhausted every pastime a solitary man could muster, all that remained was a frustrating void, I began to truly grasp the harsh reality that the nighttime hours can feel interminable for someone without company.

The sole one I've known, someone who once gathered the emotions of her own life, had departed only to return later, tending to her own aspirations, yet, she would return to me, for I was one of them, despite this, she possessed an unsettling self-awareness, a profound consciousness that made her feel disconnected from "the real world." she was torn apart by her uncharted potential.

It's hardly surprising that in an ordinary person's life like this, I would be just another face in the crowd, but in a different realm, I'm anything but ordinary, I am unique... distinctive... authentic!

Maybe this isn't the most suitable drink for this hour, but I'll quietly savor it... a steaming, ebony cup of coffee, like a demon in the heart of the night... yet, frustratingly, sleep denies its call.

What I'm certain of is that, post-examination, I'll attribute it to 'stress and anxiety,' or 'environmental factors,' or 'depression,' or 'medications,' or 'caffeine and alcohol'... anything... as long as sleep remains a distant specter.

I've known it from the very outset... and I've anticipated it... the castle beckons me today! I heard my lover's summons... and sensed it in every bone and every nerve of my being, I am the captive it yearns to retain, our impending encounter will be a reunion of two hearts in love... and it shall never reach its conclusion with such ease.

I shan't squander my time, my own soul! the root cause of my insomnia is sleep paralysis, and naught else!

"Hold on..."

"From whence do you hail?"

"I may not dwell in your world, for we are starkly different, but your name holds a special significance to me."

"And what is that name?"

"Y/N."

"Your memory of me lingers, but I've long forsaken you to the past, for you were but a fleeting love."

"Hush, for I've never forgotten you! I love you!"

"I've heard that all too often, but now isn't the right time to play out a scene from 'Black Candles.' by the way, I've never had to perform a love scene under your mother's watchful eyes."

"Will you marry me?" Daniela asked, her voice a cheerful but nervous tremor, as he avoid making eye contact.

"Listen... you're emotionally distressed right now, and your choices aren't mine... we can discuss this when things improve."

"You're the father of my child."

"You don't give birth, that's just an excuse to get closer to me."

"I may not inhabit a human body to provide you with a medical diagnosis, but I carry a child of my own flesh and blood, a biological child that belongs to both of us, I want to leave with you before it's too late... I wish daylight would arrive so we could spend more time together, the harsh winter night feels as long as ancient poetry."