Sisterly Spat

"You find yourself stranded in an isolated state, far away from the brightness of optimism and far away from the fulfilling life that you yearn for in this challenging situation." Bela proclaimed, positioning herself behind Daniela and fixing her intense gaze upon her.

Daniela remained transfixed by the view from the top of the staircase. "No Bela, your perspective is limited, I, on the other hand, perceive the world through a broader lens, seeing it through her eyes."

Bela let out a sigh, her hands tucked behind her back. "Will you simply stand here motionless?"

"No, I want to walk, and if unable to stop, I will find contentment in that, I will keep going until she acknowledges my presence and decides whether she wants to stay and engage with me, even if only for a fleeting moment." Daniela confessed, a concealed smile adorning her lips.

"She loves you and is tired of being apart, longing to be by your side, yet, have you forgotten your role in all of this?" Bela questioned sharply, her penetrating gaze causing tension.

"I know... I'm as timid as an unseen wave of a hand." Daniela admitted, her eyes shut tightly, wrestling with distress and a hint of resentment.

"Sometimes bidding farewell is another way of saying 'I love you'." Bela smiled, her words tinged with melancholy.

Daniela regarded her with a mocking intensity. "To say this to me now is simply another means to urge me back to my room, because I am pitiful?"

Bela's expression turned solemn. "What I mean is, fuck this interminable wait."

"Where are you going?" Daniela inquired curiously, observing Bela as she descended the staircase.

"I didn't choose to be alone like you, so I won't follow your footsteps, I'm not as stoic and unyielding as you seem to be." Bela stated with a tinge of frustration, letting out a sigh, she called out in a resonating voice.

"Mother!" As she drew closer to her, Bela walked alongside and gently probed. "How was your morning? I can only imagine it was filled with delightful melodies, wrapped in peaceful solitude and its serene beauty."

Lady Dimitrescu raised an eyebrow before replying. "Don't be fooled by my demure countenance, I commence my day with a robust cup of bitter black coffee."

Bela pondered for a moment, then questioned. "Doesn't the lack of problems hint at an underlying issue?"

Lady Dimitrescu smirked and responded. "Candles, cigarettes, matches, and other similar objects are merely utilized as tangible symbols to illustrate that the idea of combustion is primarily a product of our thoughts."

Bela's curiosity sparked, and she wondered aloud. "Aren't you the one who often reminded us that problems always come with solutions?"

Lady Dimitrescu nodded and explained. "Certainly, when the number of problems is finite and manageable, being just one, two, or at most three, they can be effortlessly overcome without any significant difficulty or scale."

A smile graced Bela's lips as she assured her. "Don't forget that I'm here to stand by your side, mother."

Lady Dimitrescu smiled back and said appreciatively. "That's exactly what I need - a daughter whose mental beauty outshines her physical appearance, so, have you been keeping a watchful eye on the maids? is there any news I need to be aware of?"

Bela nodded eagerly and revealed. "Yes mother, as a matter of fact, I do have something to share with you."

In the meantime, Daniela observed both of them from a higher vantage point, frustration welled up inside her, making her increasingly angry as she made her way towards her room, but her train of thought was abruptly interrupted by the voice of a maid who spoke from behind her.