Quiet Longing

Daniela lay in her bed, restless and unable to sleep, next to her slumbering mother, she grappled with the yearning to connect with her beloved and the dread of disturbing her mother's tranquil repose, the room was ensconced in silence, punctuated solely by the graceful ebb and flow of her mother's breath.

The moonlight filtered through the drapes, veiling the closed windows, and painted somber silhouettes on the walls, captivating Daniela's contemplative gaze, nevertheless, she resolved to remain vigilant, acutely aware that this was her decisive moment.

Daniela rose from her bed with painstaking care and utmost stealth, mindful not to create even the faintest of sounds that might rouse her mother, each step she took seemed to elicit a protest from the creaking floorboards beneath her feet, Daniela held her breath as she advanced toward the spot where her mother's phone rested.

Clutching the phone with trembling hands, Daniela's heart reverberated like a drumbeat, she knew she had to be swift and discreet in her communication, she initiated the call, positioning the phone's earpiece near her ear to reach out to the sole person she could trust.

The phone rang, and every passing moment felt interminable until a soft voice on the other end whispered. "Alcina? why are you calling at this late hour? this isn't like you." The voice conveyed, marked by gentleness and surprise.

Daniela's voice trembled as she responded in a hushed tone, surreptitiously glancing around to ensure her mother remained undisturbed by her actions. "It's... it's Daniela, Mother Miranda!"

"What?" Miranda exclaimed, her reaction tinged with astonishment at Daniela's audacious intrusion. "Do you comprehend the gravity of invading your mother's privacy like this?"

"Please, this isn't the moment for reprimands or judgments, just tell me where he is, I must see Y/N, regardless of the consequences."

"You'll lay eyes on him tomorrow, did you choose impulsive action over waiting a few more hours? you've endured for two days, a few additional hours won't hurt."

"No, I won't wait! who assures he'll even return tomorrow in the first place?"

Miranda's anxiety was palpable in the subdued tones of their exchange. "You're well aware of the peril you're exposing yourself to, especially given your susceptibility to the cold, and your mother."

Daniela interjected, her tone laced with restrained frustration as she sought to avoid any inadvertent outburst. "I can't endure this separation any longer! I yearn to hold him close and gaze upon his face once more, please, tell me, where is he?"

A pregnant silence enveloped the room, and Daniela grappled with the inner turmoil wrought by her circumstances, she feared Miranda's potential denial of his whereabouts and dreaded the repercussions of her mother's awakening, acutely aware of her mother's light slumber, susceptible to disturbance by the slightest noise.

Miranda, in a resigned whisper, conceded, "Very well, Daniela, I will inform you, but you must bear the responsibility, he's in a concealed refuge, I'll provide you with detailed instructions to find your way there, you must exercise utmost caution and diligence."

Tears welled up in Daniela's eyes as she softly affirmed. "I will do whatever it takes to reunite with him, just guide me on the path."

"First, you must quietly depart from the castle, attire yourself in exceptionally warm clothing and seek out the herbs and plants your mother possesses, they can offer temporary respite from the cold, albeit temporarily, and assist you in enduring the chill by generating internal warmth, this doesn't mean you'll be entirely impervious to the cold, but it may grant you a measure of freedom."