but if you loved me why did you leave me?

Pairing: LoganxPatton

Word Count: 483

TWS: death & blood

The counter was going down, Logan had 3 days left with his soulmate

"Darling you've checked the locks on everything multiple times, nothing is getting in," Patton said softly grabbing Logan's elbow

"I know my dear I'm sorry I'm just worried," Logan said brushing Patton's hair back to kiss his forehead

"You need to relax, there's no way to stop it," Patton said looking up at him

"But what if there is." Logan cries grabbing Patton's hands and bringing them up to his face

"Darling" he whispered holding Logan's face and brushing his tears away.

...

Logan woke up with Patton in his arms. He has two more days left with his soulmate, and he was going to try his hardest to figure out a solution to stop Patton's death.

Looking down at the love of his life he traced his jawline

slowly getting out of bed Logan pulled on his clothes, he'd worn them all week but he didn't care.

Going through his now daily routine of checking the windows and doors, making sure the heat pump isn't too hot, no one was in his house, and there was nothing unsafe unprotected. Logan finally settles down dropping his head into his hands he deeply inhales, exhaling as he gets back up. He heads to his and Patton's shared room stopping as he gets to the door, his husband looks so angelic like this, sleeping, with no cares in the world, he wished every day could be like this.

...

"Stop trying to fix this Logan it's not going to work, I'm sick of feeling trapped!" Patton yelled tearing up

Logan has one day left with his soulmate. Said soulmate was currently incredibly mad with him.

"I'm sorry I just want to protect you, I don't want to lose you, not now, not yet," Logan said stepping closer to Patton.

Patton wiped his tears away "I know Lo.. I just need some time alone okay? I'm going to go to Romans please just let me." Patton said kissing Logan and walking out the door. "I'll be back later my love"

...

Logan's timer was wrong. It was never wrong but Logan could sense it was, he could tell that Patton was not safe right now he didn't know how he knew but he just knew.

...

When Logan found him it was too late, he was already bleeding too much for it to make sense to call an ambulance, Logan still did, of course, hoping for a miracle, hoping that some god somewhere wouldn't take his baby away.

...

Patton was in the hospital hanging on by a thread.

Logan held his hand

"Stay with me please" he sobbed

"I can't live without you don't leave please"

Patton's heart monitor went off.

He was gone. Logan's soulmate, the love of his life, his husband, his best friend. Was gone.

...

Logan has no more days left with his soulmate.