Chapter 6: Rouge

Natsu's POV

What was that? Isn't he mad at me anymore? She came to work then greeted me good morning with that nostalgic smile of her. I miss that smile so much. I touch my face; I feel that it's heating up. I touch a bandage on my face. I forgot that I have this. I don't ridiculous in this am I?

Dad is really worried when he saw my face swollen. I told him that Ashley punched me hard and he just keeps on laughing and laughing. I haven't still told them that I am the CEO of the END Company. I just told them that I am going to work. Dad didn't even asked what work I'm going to. I guess he's not interested in it. But I am thinking why? Or maybe he already knows? But how? Maybe it's about time to tell them my job.

I look at my schedule for today. It's on my table, I grab the clipboard and read them all. So I need to check all the store of the Department store today. I still haven't introduced myself to them and I'm going to do it now. Next on my schedule is signing of paper works for being appointed as the new CEO. I still got some contracts to sign. Once I finish signing paper works, I have a meeting with the directors about the theme of the department store for the upcoming Christmas. Then nothing more for today.

I guess I have free time to check on our new house. I'm still keeping this a secret. I want to surprise my family, especially Dad. I want us to move in our new house. It's almost done because I already made some arrangements to it the time I return in Japan.

I think it's about time to visit the Department store. I called for Lucy on line 2.

"Yes sir." she said. She called me sir. It somewhat music in my ears.

"Sir?" she said again that snap me back.

"Uh.. Lucy we are going in the Department Store today." I said

"Alright sir." she said and I hung up

"Whoohhhh....." I let out a big sigh...My heart is beating so fast that I can hardly breathe. I hold in to my chest and breathe heavily. Someone knocks on my door.

"Come in." It's Lucy!

"Your car and the body guards are ready sir. Dragneel." She said. Do I really need body guards to visit the Department Store?

I look at her and she is smiling at me while holding a folder. She's more beautiful than ever. It feels like time has slow down, when she walks towards me.

"Sir. Dragneel, we need to go." She said staring right through my eyes

"Uh Lucy." I said

"Do you need something sir?" she said and stand straight.

"Are we alright now?" I asked

"Sir. Dragneel, I am here for my work and please let's not talk about our personal issues at work." She said and turns her back on me. I look down because I'm kinda disappointed and somewhat sad by her answer. Looks like it's not really easy for her to forgive me.

"But don't get me wrong. I still haven't forgotten what you did to me. I need to endure this job for 5 months with you even if I feel like throwing up whenever I see your face. So please don't talk to me again like we know each other personally. I'm just your EA and you are just my Boss." She said before exiting my office

"Let's go sir!" she returns back and said that like nothing happens

I just exit my office and went out the company with her and the other body guards. We drive to the Department Store and the employees there are bowing at us. Looks like they know that I am visiting the store today.

As we visit each store in the Department store I introduce myself and Lucy keeps on introducing the shop to me. She did a great job finding the background and information in each store for a short period of time.

I guess I don't know her really well.

After that I meet with the Directors inside the Department store in an office there. We talk about having the same huge Christmas tree that we saw the last time Dad and my siblings came here. We are also put Christmas decorations everywhere and we would hire a Santa Claus that will give gifts and talk to kids that visit the Store.

The meeting went well and now we went to the contract signing. Throughout the day Lucy is just standing by my side without even saying anything not business related. I am dying to talk to her. I want to explain to her everything but how can I explain when she won't give me a chance to talk to her.

After the contract signing, we return to the office.

"Since I don't have any more work to do, I'm heading out for a moment. I'm just going to check on something." I said to Lucy while arranging my things.

"Alright sir." she said "Uh Sir. Dragneel may I ask what happen to your face?" she said

"Huh? You mean this?" I pointed on the bandage on my face "Ah haha this is nothing. Why do you asked?"

"It suits a jerk like you. May you excuse me." I was dumbfounded when she exit my room. What did she just say? Did Ashley told her about this? But I thought Ashley is in France and won't tell anything to her?

"Stupid bandage." I said and take off the bandage and throw it to the trash can

I thought for a moment that she actually care for me. Even a tiny bit.

—-

I went to our house and it's finally complete. All we need is something around the house but it's already complete with the things that we really need. It's twice as bigger as our house but this is much better than what we are renting now. Finally I have my dream house. I can't wait to tell Dad about this.

I decided to go to the office before the end of working hours. But I saw Lucy waiting outside. Looks like she will go home early, since I am not in the office now. I drove my car in front of her. I bring down the glass window and look at her. She has this frowned look on me.

"Lucy. Do you want a ride home?" I asked

"No thanks I'm waiting for someone." She said coldly, who is this someone?

I heard a hunk from a car behind mine. I look at the side mirror and it seems that it is what she is waiting for. She came over to that car and a man went out the car.

"Hey, he looks familiar." I think my mind is gonna blow up with anger because Lucy kissed that man in his cheeks. I get out the car and look clearly at that guy.

I walk towards them. And he looks at me and Lucy is holding his arm. What the hell? Is she already dating someone?

"Rogue?"

"Natsu! What are you doing here?" It is him. The guy that I beat up during high school just to save Lucy and they are together? How can this be?!

"I should ask you that question." I said controlling my temper

"I'm picking up Lucy as you see."

"What?!" I said and look at Lucy and she is staring at me coldly

"You don't have anything to explain to her Rouge let's go." She said and drags Rouge inside the car. Then they left me standing dumbfounded.

"What the hell?! Why is she with Rouge? Is she going out with him?" I'm going nuts! I can't call Ashley nor Loke because I don't have their number. All I can think about now is Gray.

I need to find Gray.

—-

To be continued

Who might Rouge's role be?

Vote and Comment ^_^

-satsuki-sama-