Chapter 20: I Do

Lucy's POV

I asked for assistance in the hotel to bring Natsu in his room. The attendant lie Natsu down to his bed.

"Thank you." I said and the attendant exited the room.

I touch his forehead again and he is burning hot. I went to the bathroom and find a towel and a basin. Good thing they have one here. I put cold water in the basin and return back to him.

All I am, all I'll be
Everything in this world
All that I'll ever need
Is in your eyes
Shining at me
When you smile I can feel
All my passion unfolding
Your hand brushes mine
And a thousand sensations
Seduce me 'cause I

I see him huffing and his face is all red now. I dip the towel on the water and grip it. I wipe the towel on his face.

I carefully remove his coat and his shoes. I need to change his clothes too. I know this is awkward in my part but I don't have a choice. I remove his polo shirt without any more hesitation. I will set aside now my feelings for him just this once.

I sponge bath him and change his clothes. I temporary place the wet towel on his forehead to keep his temperature down.

"I will just go outside first to buy your medicine." I said before I leave his room. I took his card key first before I leave.

I went to the nearest pharmacy here in the hotel. I brought him some cooling patch and medicine for his fever.

I do cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will love you still
From the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much
I do

I should buy him a soup also. I went to a store here and good thing that she sells soup here. I went to buy chicken soup for Natsu and I head back to his hotel room.

I prepare everything in a tray and went back to his bed.

"Natsu...Natsu....Wake up and you need to drink your medicine." I said waking him up by tapping his hand.

"Lucy...It's hot..." he said like he's in pain. It's really cold but he still feels hot.

"Sit down first and eat this soup to make you feel better so you can drink you medicine." I said and help him to sit down.

"Sorry about this Lucy." He said

"No. It's okay, besides it's my job to take care of you." I said and suddenly realize that was embarrassing to say

"I mean as your EA." I defended back. He just gave me a weak smile.

In my world, before you
I lived outside my emotions
Didn't know where I was going
'Til that day I found you
How you opened my life
To a new paradise
In a world torn by change
Still with all of my heart
'Til my dying day

I helped him to finish the soup and to drink his medicine. He lies down again and I put the cooling patch on his forehead. This will make his fever down.

"Thank you Lucy. And I'm sorry if I'm a bother to you that I don't want to go to the hospital. I just don't want to be in the hospital again." He said and he closes his eyes

"You're welcome. Huh?....Again....?" he fell asleep. I pull up his blanket over his shoulders and just sit next to him.

I pull a book in bag. I just can't leave him here alone. I tried to do things to keep me busy. I tried to review the thing that we still need to do in my checklist. My emails from Sam about the updates in the company and I check Natsu's temperature from time to time.

It's already 6:00 pm and I didn't notice that I sleep on the corner of his bed.

"Lucy..." Natsu said

"I'm here. What do you need?" I said and grasp Natsu's hand without thinking

"Lucy..." he said again

"Natsu?" Is he sleep-talking?

I remember all of a sudden the time he was sick and we need to take care of him. That was a chaos back then. I was really glad that he's not like that anymore. I caught myself smiling from that memory and I shake my head to get it away in my thoughts.

I do cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will love you still
From the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much
I do

"Keep it together Lucy." Natsu grip my hand. That's right I'm still holding his hand.

"I'm sorry...I was scared." He said and a tear drop escapes from the corner of his eye

"What? Scared of what?" His hand slips from mine.

"I'm sorry. I'm scared...Lucy." I hold my hand to stop them from shaking. What's happening to me? My heart suddenly race and my hands are trembling.

Do I still cherish you that's why I'm doing all this? Or is it because it is my job to do so? I think...

"I do."

---

To be continued...

Will this make you scream?! Hahahaha I bet you do. XD