The child

The Defenders of the Wing are a proud people.

They live under the care, protection, and an unshakable faith to their Great Protector, an Eruptodon that lives above their village in the volcano and eats the lava to keep the volcano from destroying their home.

Mala has lived on Caldera Cay her whole life with her father, Mason, and her mother, Valheim, who got sick when she was a baby.

One night, while watching for anyone approaching their island, one of their men discovered a small boat on their beach which was strange.

But what was even stranger was what was in the boat.

There was a baby in the boat that is wrapped up in a blanket. But it wasn't some ordinary baby, not only because of the tail and ears that resemble those of a dragon, but this child had powers that are yet to show themselves.

The reason for these were because the baby was born half Dragon.

He picks up the child and saw a name sewed into the blanket.

Hiccup

He rushed back to the village with the child in hand and goes to the king and queen's home and knocked on the door.

The door is opened by king Mason. "What is it, Jonas?" He asks his man.

"I apologize for waking you, but I have found an infant in a boat." Jonas explains to him and showed the baby that was left alone.

King mason looks to the child in shock as a small child walks down to stairs.

"Dad?" The figure calls and Mason looks to see his daughter walk up to them.

"Mala, what are you doing up?" Mason asks while picking up his six year old daughter.

"I heard someone knocking at the door, what's going on?" Mala asks, resting her head on her father's shoulder.

Mason looks to the child and his own and knows someone has to look after this child, knowing that other villages would kill him for being half dragon.

"We might have a new member of our family." Mason tells Mala as she sees the baby and Hiccup opens his eyes.

His green eyes look over Mala who smiles at the baby. Hiccup laughs as his dragon ears rise up in joy.

"What's his name?" Mala asks as she reaches out to him and Hiccup plays with her hand.

"Hiccup." Jonas tells them.

Hiccup and Mala just laugh and smiles as Mason sees that they're going to be great for each other.

-

On a nearby island of Arendelle, a baby girl was born with the power of ice, named Elsa.

What neither of them knows, in the years to come, they will learn not only are they different from others, but they have many adventures awaiting them.