The battle

Hiccup and Toothless have just flown over small town called Berk as they made sure to fly high enough so they couldn't be seen or shot down and were nearing Hellheim's Gate and started leading the ships towards the shore.

Hiccup was in deep though and sighed as they kept flying.

"Toothless, I want to tell you that no matter of the outcome of the battle, you'll always be my brother," said Hiccup and patted the Night Fury on the head.

"You'll always be my brother as well. I just hope we get out of this alive," said Toothless.

Hiccup smiled and leaned forward to give his dragon a gentle hug.

Toothless purred before he tensed up, his ear plates stood on end and dove into the cloud cover.

"And thank you, Heather, for being here." Hiccup tells her.

"I'm sorry for lying to you, Hiccup. About my past and why I was on your island." Heather kept apologizing.

"Heather, I don't blame you. After this is over and done with, I promise you, we will find a way to rescue your parents." Hiccup promises her and Heather smiles by how kind he is, even when he has every reason not to be.

They make it to solid land where Throk leads the men out.

"Be ready, men. We don't know what we're facing." Throk warns them. "It's up to you now, Hiccup."

Hiccup and Toothless fly inside the volcano as Heather waits outside with Windshear.

Toothless turned turned to Hiccup. "Still wanna fight her?"

"Of course I do! Only you and I can stop her," Hiccup whispered as Toothless nodded. "Let's draw her attention."

Toothless spread his wings and flew before roaring at the huge dragon.

"Hey, overgrown sausage! Your reign of terror is over!" shouted Toothless.

Most of the smaller dragons stared at the Night Fury in shock.

Why would he do something crazy?

That's when they spotted the human on the dragon's back. They couldn't believe it! No one has ever lived after an encounter with a Night Fury, yet this boy was riding one.

"How dare you turn against your Queen," dared the Red Death and Hiccup understood what she said due to his ability to understand what all dragons say.

"Just because you're a Queen doesn't mean you're tough," shouted Hiccup and the Red Death looked at him.

"So you brought a human with you," asked the Red Death when she looked at Toothless. "Very well, I'm satisfied."

"Not in million years! I won't let you hurt a hair on my brother! Together we'll bring you down." Toothless promised , much to the shock of the other dragons.

"You heard what he said. Show us just how tough you really are," challenged Hiccup and Red Death growled.

"If you wanna fight, you got one," roared the Red Death and she charged at Hiccup and Toothless.

Toothless flew out of the way of her jaws and went through the tunnel they came in with the Red Death right behind them. They flew out of the volcano, but the Red Death didn't stop her chasing and when she got outside, there was a huge hole into the volcano with all the dragons flying away.

The battle against the Red Death was now outside the nest!

The Defenders and Throk were shocked to see the size of the dragon and started using their weapons to stop it, but it was useless.