Our own paths

The Night Lights were running around the village as some children were chasing them, Olaf was sitting with the younger kids as they pulled his arms off and stuck them in different places.

"Hey, let me ask you, how do you guys cope with the ever-increasing complexity of thought that comes with maturity?" Olaf asks when one of the girls pulled Olaf's nose off and stuck it up her own. "Brilliant!" He says as a boy pushed his hand through his head and the snowman winced.

"It's so refreshing to talk to the youth of today. Our futures in bright hands." The kids continued to pull Olaf apart. "Oh no don't chew that, you don't know what I've stepped in." A boy began to lick Olaf's foot when the snowman told him off.

Kristoff, Ryder, Sven, and Hookfang walked past the kids, while he was telling Ryder his several failed attempts to propose to Anna.

"I can't seem to get her attention. Or even say the right thing." Kristoff hung his head and Hookfang nudged his friend. "I mean, Hiccup can talk to Elsa just fine." He nodded over to the Auburn-haired man who's sitting with Honeymarron and Elsa with their Furies watching their children. "Why can't I talk to Anna like that?"

Sven huffed at his friend as did Hookfang.

"Well, you're in luck. I know nothing about woman, but I do know that we have the most amazing way of proposing." Ryder says and Kristoff lit up at the idea.

"If we start now, we'll be ready before dawn." Ryder told him as the two of them stopped walking.

"Really?" Kristoff asks as Ryder put his hand on his shoulder and began walking them.

"Best part, it involves a lot of reindeer." Ryder whispered to his new friend as Sven and Hookfang looked at the two if them weirdly.

-

Mattias, Anna, and Stormfly stood outside the village drinking from a set of mugs.

"Hey back at home, Helen still over at Hudson's Hearth?" Mattias asked Anna while Stormfly was sniffing the man.

"She is," Anna answered, scratching Stormfly on the chin.

"Really? She married?" Mattias quickly took a sip of his drink.

"No, she's not." Anna smiled, knowing where this conversation was going.

"Oh wow, why didn't that make me feel better?" Mattias looked off into the distance, Stormfly nudged him and the Lieutenant smiled at the curious Nadder.

"What else do you miss?" Anna asked him as Matiass stopped patting Stormfly and looked towards her.

"My father, he passed long before all this. He was a great man. Built us a good life in Arendelle, but taught me to never take the good for granted," Mattias stated while holding his mug out. "He'd say, be prepared just when you think you've found your way life will throw you onto a new path." He gestured down to the village.

"What do you do when it does?" Anna asked him while looking down at Hiccup and her sister.

"Don't give up, take it one step at a time and..." Matiass turned to her and smiled.

"Just do the next right thing." Anna finished his sentence with a grin.

"You got it, so what's with the man following the Queen?" Maria's gestured to Hiccup.

"Oh, Hiccup. he was a childhood friend of ours." Anna told him while drinking her drink. "A few years back, he was living with dragons, learning to be the prince of dragons. Then three years ago, he returned to Arendelle and he now lives with us with his friend, Heather."