Creating a bond

The people welcomed the half dragon baby Hiccup and knew that he would be different from other children, but in what way they didn't know.

After four years, it seems Hiccup has gotten control of his ears from turning into dragon and human. And as a extra, it turns out that when he has his dragon ears out, he can actually understand what dragons are saying.

This was discovered when his father took both Hiccup and Mala to see the Eruptodon for the first time and Hiccup was able to actually talk to him.

-

Now, Hiccup was asleep at home when his older sister Mala came in and found out her brother was still asleep. Mala and Hiccup got along ever since they were little.

Now Mala was twelve, and they still did everything together even with her being the next in line for the thrown of the island.

"Hiccup, come on! Get up." Mala tells Hiccup and he moans in response. "Hiccup, come on. Throk is waiting for us to go." She reminds him and Hiccup quickly gets out of bed and starts to get dressed.

They've wanted to go into the woods to their island to see if they could find any dragons out there and to see if Hiccup can do anything new with his dragon powers.

Hiccup quickly got his boots on and met Mala out the door and they meet up with Throk who was waiting with her. Throk was Mala's age, but the three of them were the best of friends.

"Look who finally showed." Throk says while ruffling Hiccup's hair.

"Sorry! I was up late last night." Hiccup apologizes to them.

"You're always up drawing anything you can see." Mala says while smiling and Hiccup blushes.

Even though he's half dragon, Hiccup was a extremely shy child who didn't like to show off his talents. He was even training in the blacksmiths to be able to create things of his own later on. Also has a few designs on weapons and gadgets he wants to make when he gets good at it.

-

The three were just running around playing when they hear a cry coming from somewhere deeper in the woods.

"Hiccup?" Mala asks and Hiccup shows his half-dragon form to hear where and why the calls are from.

"Help!" A dragon calls and it sounds like a young one and Hiccup runs to find where it's coming from.

"Hiccup, hold up!" Throk yells as he and Mala try to catch up with him as he's much faster than the two of them.

As Hiccup rind through the woods, they come up on an opening where a small dark as night baby dragon is stuck in a giant trap that's being held by dragonproof chains.

"Hold on." Hiccup says in the Dragoneze that he can speak as he, Throk and Mala make it to the dragon and helps pry him free of the trap.

The little dragon scurries away and hides behind some rocks in fear.

"It's okay, we're not gonna hurt you." Hiccup promises the dragon.

"You can understand me?" The baby dragon asks.

"Yes." Hiccup says as he slowly approaches the rocks. "I'm Hiccup. That's my sister Mala and our friend, Throk. What's your name?"

"I don't have one." He admits as he comes out and slowly approaches Hiccup.

Hiccup pulls out some fish for him that they were carrying for later. Hiccup also has the eating habits of a dragon, meaning he can easily eat raw fish as much as any normal food.

The baby dragon comes out and slowly reaches his head out for the fish and hiccup sees his gums.

"Toothless? I thought I saw you had..." Hiccup was saying when he showed he has retractable teeth before taking the fish and swallowing it whole. "Teeth. How about we call you Toothless?" He asks the dragon.

"Okay." The dragon replies before Hiccup holds his hand out to pet the dragon and looks away as Toothless sniffs his hand before placing his nose on his palm, showing Hiccup has earned his trust.

"Do you have someone looking for you?" Hiccup asks Toothless.

"No, I'm all alone. Always have been." Toothless tells him while turning sadly.

"You wanna stay with us?" Hiccup asks and Toothless looks to him wondering if he's serious and cheers before tackling Hiccup and starts licking him in response.

Mala and Throk laugh as Hiccup tries to push the dragon off while laughing himself.

"I thought my father didn't allow dragon traps on the island." Mala whispers to Throk.

"He doesn't. This isn't ours." Throk tells her. Throk's father was leader of the guards and their father's second hand man. "We have to tell them about this."

"Obviously." Mala agrees.

-

Hiccup, Mala and Toothless we're playing outside their home as king Mason was watching them, making sure they stay safe.

After learning about Toothless, he welcomed him as much as he did with Hiccup seeing that he and Hiccup have made a bond.

"Do we know who placed the trap?" Mason asks Throks's father, Jason, the same man who brought Hiccup to him all those years ago.

"We believe they were placed by dragon hunters." Jason informs him.

That must mean Viggo Grimborn is back. He's been after their Great Protector for years, and if he were to learn about Hiccup's half dragon side he might come after him. He needs to get Hiccup and his new Night Fury friend somewhere safe for the next few days.

"We need to keep Hiccup safe." Mason states and Jason agrees.

"We have received an invitation from our neighborhood kingdoms, Arendelle. They're celebrating the birth of their second daughter." Jason offers, but Mason's skeptical about that. "Take them and keep the dragon out of site so that he won't be harmed."

Mason knows that's a good plan as any.

Viggo is ruthless and will stop at nothing to he get what he wants. If he learns of someone who's half dragon like Hiccup, he will see him only as another profit to capture and sell. Let alone if he finds a Night Fury, things will escalate even more.

"Then get a ship prepared. I'm taking the kids to Arendelle." Mason agrees and Jason leaves to put the preparations in order to leave and keep his son and his new friend safe.