A long time

"Whooooo!" Hiccup cheers as he and Toothless are soaring through the sky.

It's been ten years since Hiccup learned about his abilities, and Arendelle mysteriously shut their gates and cut contact from the outside world, and he built a saddle for him to ride Toothless. It took some convincing his dad to get him to allow Hiccup to actually try this.

Today would be the first day they're flying together.

"Yeah! Go, baby!" Hiccup cheers as he and Toothless they fly into the sea cliffs. "This is amazing! The wind in my face. I see why you fly a lot." He says to Toothless.

"It's amazing, right?" Toothless agreed with him. "Ready to kick it up a notch?"

"What?" Hiccup asks as Toothless takes them high up into the clouds before plummeting downward and Hiccup lets out a scream for a minute before he begins to cheer. They fly through the sea cliffs and into the open ocean.

"Yeah!" Hiccup cheers and Toothless shoots a plasma blast in celebration and it explodes as they're heading towards it. "Oh, come on." He complains as they fly into it.

-

Mala was watching from the edge of the pier as the sun was setting and she's wondering where Hiccup is when she hears Toothless' roar and sees the dark dragon flying in and landing with Hiccup and his face is dirty and his hair is sticking up.

Mala lightly chuckles at her brother's appearance. "I take it things went well."

"Ha, ha. Laugh it up." Hiccup says as he gets off of Toothless. "His fault for not giving me a heads up."

"Your fault for not being prepared." Toothless mocks.

"Like I was prepared for you to go full speed on our first ride." Hiccup says.

"I'm the offspring of lightning and death. I'm not known for going slow." Toothless replies while laying down.

"That doesn't mean you need to be the death of me." Hiccup states and he sees Mala is confused as to she only hears the one side argument. "You didn't hear what he said, did you?"

"I'm used to it." Mala assures him and Hiccup walks over to the barrels of fish and passes some to Toothless who lies down and starts to dine on his dinner.

The two start to walk away when they look to see a herd of Terrible Terrors come and Toothless starts to become protective of his dinner as he snarls at them.

Toothless watches them but one was able to sneak one of them, causing the two to fight over it and another tries to steal from the rest of the pile. But this time, Toothless bites it with his teeth to stop the Terror and swallows it.

He starts to laugh at the Terror as it starts to snarl at Toothless and gets ready to charge up a fire attack. Toothless just blasts it in his mouth, causing him to puff out before dropping and wheezing away.

"Not so fireproof on the inside, are you?" Hiccup asks and takes out a extra fish for him. "Here ya go." He says and let's the Terror eat it.

"I'll see you home later?" Mala asks Hiccup.

"Yeah, I'm gonna stop by the shop for a little while and head home. Have a few adjustments to get down." Hiccup promises.

"Try not to stay up too late again." Mala begs of him and leaves to head home.

"I did it one time, and she won't let me live it down." Hiccup says to himself and heads to the blacksmith shop where he's been working on some things. He's been training there since...well, a while after whatever happened in Arendalle.