Chapter 29

As Christmas approaches, Bentley is reaching the eight-month milestone. He has mastered the art of sitting up by himself and has graduated to consuming blended baby food. Exhaustion has become a constant companion for me as a single parent, but things are gradually improving. Bentley has started sleeping through the night, and I have successfully weaned him from breastfeeding.

Meanwhile, Greyson and I continue our intimate encounters. Surprisingly, I find myself spending more and more nights at his place. Eventually, I make the decision to move back in with him, determined to give our family a genuine chance. Although nerves dance within me, I believe Greyson comprehends the gravity of his past mistakes and is genuinely willing to move forward.

On my first night back in our shared home, my mom and Brandon kindly offer to look after Bentley, giving us a much-needed break. As I pull into the driveway, it becomes evident why they have made the generous offer. The exterior of the house is adorned with a magnificent display of Christmas lights and decorations. Stepping inside, I am met with an equally festive interior, with decorations adorning every corner.

To my surprise, our friends Jessica, Jordan, Lexi, Alex, Carter, and Brian are all present, sporting their most hideous Christmas sweaters and engaging in a lively game of beer pong.

Between the whirlwind of pregnancy and the demands of motherhood, it has been nearly two years since I have truly relaxed and enjoyed myself with friends. Greyson greets me at the door with a passionate kiss, his breath carrying the scent of beer.

"Hey baby, surprise!" he exclaims, handing me a cold beer. "I thought we both deserve some well-deserved fun."

"We deserve some fun," I reply, reciprocating his affectionate gesture and warmly greeting our friends.

With the joyful atmosphere of the holiday season surrounding us, I decide to embrace the opportunity for some much-needed fun and relaxation. As the night progresses, the sound of laughter and the clinking of beer cups fill the air. My nerves slowly dissolve as Greyson and I join forces to compete against Alex and Jordan in an epic beer-pong battle.

The room echoes with cheers and friendly trash talk as we take turns tossing ping pong balls, aiming for the cups filled with frothy liquid. It has been ages since I have engaged in such lighthearted competition, and I can't help but feel a surge of excitement coursing through my veins.

As the game intensifies, I find myself becoming more daring with each throw. The alcohol begins to take its effect, loosening my inhibitions and filling me with a newfound sense of confidence. With each successful shot, the crowd erupts into cheers, fueling my determination to secure victory.

Greyson stands by my side, his eyes filled with admiration and amusement. We share both laughter and playful banter as we strategize our next moves. The room seems to fade away, leaving only the exhilarating thrill of the game.

Alex and Jordan prove to be worthy adversaries, matching our shots with their impressive accuracy. The competition grows fierce, but the atmosphere remains light-hearted, filled with camaraderie and good-natured teasing.

As the night wears on, the effects of the alcohol become more apparent. Giggles escape my lips uncontrollably, and my movements become slightly unsteady. The room spins around me, but I remain determined to bring a victory home.

With a final toss, the ping pong ball soars gracefully through the air, landing perfectly in one of Alex and Jordan's cups. The room erupts into cheers and applause as Greyson and I celebrate our triumph.

"We win! We beat you guys!" I exclaim drunkenly and Alex and Jordan laugh with me.

As the night begins to settle down, Greyson and I head up to our room, locked in passionate drunk kisses. I jump up and wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me up to our bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him. We both drunkenly fall onto the bed in a fit of laughter.

"Did you see Jessica and Carter going into the spare bedroom together?" I giggle.

"Yeah, it's kind of funny considering they have always hated each other so much," he says.

"It's because they're so much alike," I say. "If they are fucking in there we will know, Jess isn't quiet at all."

"Neither is Carter." Greyson laughs, pulling me in for another kiss. "And neither are you."

I kiss him back deeply as we get lost in our drunken passion, enjoying a night where we can finally feel like normal teenagers again for a while.

As we continue to lose ourselves in the moment, our laughter and kisses fill the room. The weight of the world seems to lift off our shoulders, if only for a brief while. Alcohol has a way of allowing us to forget our responsibilities and simply revel in the present.

As our bodies intertwine on the bed, the room fills with a mixture of whispered words and passionate moans. The intoxicating blend of desire and alcohol creates an unbreakable bond between us. At this moment, nothing else matters but the raw connection we share.

Hours melt away as we explore each other's bodies, each touch and caress amplified by the haze of liquor. We revel in the freedom of letting go, embracing the uninhibited pleasure that consumes us.

In the early hours of the morning, as the sun begins to peek through the curtains, we lie tangled in each other's arms, our breathing slowly returning to normal. The room is filled with a sense of contentment and tranquility.

As the events of the night play back in my mind, I can't help but feel grateful for the love and passion Greyson and I share. We have weathered countless storms together and have come out stronger because of it. In this moment of bliss, I realize that no matter what challenges lie ahead, as long as we face them together, we can overcome anything.

The sound of footsteps outside the door interrupts our peaceful reverie, reminding us that the world is still turning outside our little bubble of happiness. We exchange knowing glances, silently acknowledging the adventure we have shared and the memories we will forever cherish.

With a final kiss, we reluctantly untangle ourselves from one another, preparing to face the day ahead. As we step out of the room, hand in hand, we are greeted by our friends, reminding us that amidst the chaos of life, moments of joy and connection are always within reach.