Chapter 3

The next day, Alex and I slept in until 2 pm. As I stirred, I realized I needed to use the bathroom urgently. I rushed out of bed, my hand pressed tightly against my mouth and quickly shut the door behind me. I barely had time to process what was happening before I was violently vomiting into the toilet bowl. The remnants of last night's pizza came up in chunks, and I could feel the pain in my stomach intensified. Between heaving, I managed to gasp, "Get...out...Don't want...you to...see this..."

Despite my plea, he sat behind me, offering comfort and support. He rubbed my back and held my hair back just like he had done when I had gotten too drunk or caught a stomach bug. The vomiting continued relentlessly, even after my stomach was empty. I could feel the acidic bile rise, and the pain became unbearable. Eventually, it subsided, leaving me lying on the cold bathroom floor, my cheek pressed against the cool tile.

"Let me carry you to the bed," Alex said softly, his voice filled with concern as he continued to rub my back.

"No...Don't make me get up...I'll get sick again...The floor feels good," I whispered weakly, my voice barely audible.

"Should I call a doctor? Has it ever been this bad before?" His voice was laced with worry, his concern for my well-being evident.

"No, and no. Now shut up and stop asking me shit," I mumbled, too exhausted to engage in conversation.

I must have drifted off to sleep, for when I woke up, I found myself on the bathroom floor with a pillow beneath my head and a blanket draped over me. Alex was still sitting beside me.

"Are you still sick?" He asked with concern.

I stood up, grabbing my toothbrush from the bathroom counter, the one I always left here for sleepovers. "I'm okay now," I said, applying toothpaste to my toothbrush. He left the bathroom, giving me space to freshen up. I brushed my teeth thoroughly, trying to rid my mouth of the acrid taste, and then stepped into the shower. The hot water cascaded over me, washing away the physical and emotional residue of the morning's events.

When I emerged from the bathroom, I found some of my clothes, which I had left here last sleepover, neatly folded on the toilet seat. I slipped into the blue skinny jeans, black tank top, and red hoodie, my dark curly hair falling just past my shoulders. As I walked out, I thanked Alex and gave him a quick hug. He wished me luck with Greyson, his concern etched on his face. With that, I grabbed my keys and headed to my car, my mind consumed with thoughts of what awaited me.

Greyson was a completely different person from Alex. While Alex was a diligent student with a bright future, Greyson seemed to be surrounded by trouble. He was always hanging out with the "stoner" kids and had a reputation with girls. Our encounter had been a one-night stand, and I had never expected it to result in anything more. But now, here I was, standing outside his house, filled with anxiety.

I knocked on the door, and Greyson answered almost immediately, a smirk on his face. He was tall and muscular, with dark messy hair and mysterious brown eyes that seemed to hold a hint of mischief. His charm was undeniable, but I knew better than to let myself be swayed by it.

"Come in, beautiful," he said, flashing me a perfect smile that revealed his pearly white teeth. I hope he didn't think I was coming back for round two.

Rolling my eyes, I replied, "I'm only here because I need to talk to you." I stepped inside, taking in the surprisingly classy interior of his house. I sat on his white sofa, and he sat close beside me, a little too close for comfort. I scooted back, needing some space.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves. Tears welled up in my eyes as I finally mustered the courage to speak the words that had been haunting me. "I'm pregnant," I whispered, unable to meet his gaze.

"Um... Congratulations? Whose is it?" he asked, his confusion evident.

I looked up at him, unsure if he was playing dumb or genuinely clueless. "It's yours," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper, and then looked away, unable to face his reaction.

"That's impossible, I always wear a condom," he protested.

In a state of frustration, I exclaimed, "It must have broken! You're the first person I've had sex with in over a year!"

Greyson's face paled, and he whispered, "Shit..."

"Shit? That's your response?" I retorted, feeling a mix of anger and disappointment. "I'm out of here. This was a mistake. I shouldn't have even told you." As I began to stand up, ready to leave, he reached out and gently grabbed my hand, pulling me back onto the couch.

"Wait, I'm sorry..." he murmured, his voice filled with a mix of anxiety and regret. "You can't blame me for being scared. You just came in and told me you're pregnant! I'm not going to bail on you, though. I never knew my dad, and I always said if I ever had a child, I would be there for them. I'm not that much of a douchebag. Now, are you sure you're pregnant?"

Taking a deep breath, I retrieved the pregnancy test from my bag and handed it to him. "I'm completely sure."

His eyes locked onto the test, his expression shifting from fear to a sense of determination. "We will figure this out," he said, his voice filled with a newfound resolve. I desperately wanted to believe him.