Chapter 14

"This isn't even Roppongi!"
"You are toying with us country folk!"

"There's a bit of cemetery nearby. The double whammy of that and an abandoned building bright out a curse" Gojo says.

"So they do pop up more often around graves?" Itadori asks while Kugisaki spins around in frustration.

"The issue isn't the cemetery itself. People associate cemeteries with fear" Megumi says.
"Oh, so it's the same with school wasn't it?"

"Hold up. He didn't even know that yet?" Kugisaki asked.
Megumi explains what happened making Kugisaki jump in shock.

"He swallowed a special-grade cursed object?! Gross! Unbelievable! That's so unsanitary and disgusting!" Kugisaki backs up in disgust.
"What?!"
"I agree," Megumi says.

"Special grade?" You mumble.

"I want to know what all of you are capable of. Just think of this as a field test. Nobara, Yuuji, you two go exorcise the curse inside that building" Gojo says.

"Huh? But I thought only curses could exorcise curses, right? I can't use any jujutsu yet"

"You're half a curse already. There's cursed energy flowing throughout your body. Though controlling that energy isn't something you can learn overnight"

It was funny to you that Gojo almost sounded like Tengen when he told you about your cursed energy.

"Use this" Gojo hands Itadori a weapon.
"Whoa!"
"It's the cursed tool, slaughter demon. It's a weapon imbued with cursed energy. It'll work on curses, too"

Once Kugisaki and Itadori head inside, Gojo calls out for him.
"Oh, one more thing. Don't let Sukuna out. I'd you use him, you'll get rid of all the curses nearby in a flash, but you'll also drag everyone around into it. Well, except (y/n) here"

Your eyes widen when Gojo mentions Sukuna. You wonder why his aura felt familiar. Sukuna was inside Itadori.

"Got it. I won't let Sukuna out"
Itadori gives a thumbs up.

You turn to look at Itadori as you walk up next to him.
"So it's you. I thought you felt familiar"
"Huh? Do you know Sukuna?"
You nod.

Kugisaki interrupts them.
"Hey, hurry up already!"
"Ah, yeah, yeah!"

Itadori runs inside while he leaves you standing in wonder. You wanted to feel his soul if you could see Sukuna. But right now wouldn't be the time.

You'll ask him later.
_____

Sitting on a bench you can hear the noise of curses along with Itadori and Kugisaki.

"Wow, it's getting pretty wild in there"
you said as you kicked your feet up and down.

"That Yuuji...he's missing a few up here. He has no hesitation when it comes to killing these things that take the form of living creatures, albeit bizarre-looking ones, trying to kill him" Gojo says.

You smile.
"That's some chivalry he's got then. Not a lot of normal people would face such things head-on"

"Right? And it's not like he's been familiar with curses for a long time. This is a boy who used to live a normal high school life. You've seen plenty of jujutsu sorcerers, even those with talent, give up in frustration because they couldn't conquer their fear or disgust"

"Gojo-san—"
"Satoru. You can call me Satoru if you like, (y/n). It's only fair since I call you by your first name"

"Oh, okay. Well, I just have a question. Itadori. How did he come across being a vessel for Sukuna?" You ask.