Chapter 21

A couple of days later.

Sitting in a secluded area in a garden that Gojo took you, you were meditating and focusing on your energy to connect to the spirits and the spirit world.

The process was long and needed to be quiet. The only thing you would hear was the rustling noises of the trees. But even then you were slowly blocking it out.

You felt your body being light and felt the air becoming different. Your eyes were glowing the moment you slowly opened them. Looking around your environment time seemed to stop.

Your spirit was no longer in the human world but on the other side being the spirit world. Getting up you walk around to find anything that the wisdom of the gods can provide for you. A sign maybe.

You looked and couldn't find anything. You sigh as the time goes by.

I'd have something by now...

You concentrate again and chant to build a connection with the gods. Still, you felt nothing.

You grunt while rubbing your head.
"What can any of you tell me when you're not even here! I can't gain any wisdom when you all are just silent"

You lean against a tree and slide down on the floor. Putting your head down between your legs as you wrap your arms around them.

"This is hopeless. I know it's been about a thousand years but that doesn't mean you should give me the silent treatment" you grumble.

"Guess I'm going back. This was a waste of time"

"You didn't even acknowledge me"

A random voice spoke out. You quickly look up and see a rat-looking man standing high and mighty above you. His arms were crossed and he stared down at you with an apathetic look.

You were in awe.
"Who are you?"
"You don't know me?"
You shake your head.

The spirit sighs.
"That is fine. It makes sense you do not know me, since you have never summoned me before. Until now that is" he says.
"Wait! You are who I summoned? But I don't...remember?"

"Of course not. I became you as you became me. In terms, I took over while your soul was resting inside me"

So many questions were running through your head that you were about to get a headache.
"Where to begin"

"Let me introduce myself as a start. My name is Quiang. And yes, I am a cursed spirit who was chosen to be your protector employing any help. You can summon me or you can be a part of me" he says.

Quiang bows to you with respect. You take in his features. It's amazing how he looks so strong and even handsome. And yet he held this soft tone for you so you wouldn't be scared.

"Quiang? That's Chinese"
"We cursed spirits travel anywhere. I just so happen to have been picked by the gods and was given the responsibility to protect you"

"Are there any more like you?" You ask.
"You can summon other spirits like me if you are in any danger. Just like that strange white-haired man who had tried to kill you" he casually says.

You nervously laugh as you wave it off.
"He didn't mean to. He apologized for that anyway"
Quiang hums.

He offers you his hand and you accept. Lifting you he was a very tall spirit.
"I have been with you for many years. But I suppose it has never came to you that you can summon cursed spirits it seems"
"I haven't summoned cursed spirits ever since that day I opened a portal of the unknown. My master told me that it's forbidden" you said.